× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet while xbox one is in instant on mode

McSpoodle
Aspirant

Re: XR500 drops internet

I would like to try the new beta firmware please, Thanks. 

Message 301 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent PM
Message 302 of 1,017
CooLRuNNinGS
Tutor

I have an issue in that when my xbox on is in instant on mode I lose my wired connection to my XR500. The only way to resolve is to reboot the router. Happens everytime my xbox is in instsant on, which is nnoying as I try and leave it in this mose in order to download updates etc. Nothing else loses connection, just my xbox. Tried all sorts to resolve this but cannot find a solution. Very frustrating.

Message 303 of 1,017
CooLRuNNinGS
Tutor

I have an issue in that when my xbox on is in instant on mode I lose my wired connection to my XR500. The only way to resolve is to reboot the router. Happens everytime my xbox is in instsant on, which is nnoying as I try and leave it in this mose in order to download updates etc. Nothing else loses connection, just my xbox. Tried all sorts to resolve this but cannot find a solution. Very frustrating.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 304 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I PM'd you with a firmware to try
Message 305 of 1,017

I still loosing internet to devices never had a problem with my Asus 1900. I replace XR500 with the Asus and no more drops I just wanted to get a better router I 40 devices on 150/150 fios. Internet
I see some problem with Netgear before they promise the world and babysit a rounter
Model: S8000| GS808E Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 306 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Are you on the firmware that fixes the drops? I can send you the firmware if not.
Message 307 of 1,017
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hate to say it, but i'm starting to experience these drops as well.

Message 308 of 1,017
Rushal
Guide

Still having a strange issue.  When the router is rebooted it will not be able to get a DHCP address from the ISP with it's default MAC address.  If I rerun the setup wizard, it will automatically swich to my computers MAC address and the internet will start working but will cap out at 60Mbps instead of 200.  If I call the ISP and have them do a reset on their end and then reset the router to it's default MAC instead of the computer MAC it'll work until I need to restart.

Don't know what's going on but it's pretty frustrating, having to call the ISP every time I restart the router just to get the thing to grab an address on it's default MAC address.

Message 309 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Retired_Member - I've just PM'd you the firmware to try. Hopefully this fixes your drops.

Message 310 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Rushal - that's really strange. By reboot, do you mean a power on and off or a factory reset?

If you haven't tried a factory reset yet it might be worth doing as this usually fixes the strangest issues!

Message 311 of 1,017
Radiax
Tutor

Installed the newer firmware.   It was chugging along good.  I hooked up my xbox one last night, and watched a 4k movie.  (xbox received updates when I plugged it back in.)  This morning I went to my computer(hard wired), and no internet.   I unplugged the Xbox and rebooted the modem.

Firmware: V2.3.26

Message 312 of 1,017
Rushal
Guide

I've factory reset about 10 times now, that doesn't matter.  We worked with the ISP to make sure they are seeing the routers MAC on their end.  Guess we'll see how far this gets us this time.

Message 313 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Radiax - thanks for the update. Leave the Xbox fully powered off when you’re not using it and see if this fixes your issue. Would be useful to know if so.
Message 314 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Rushal - ok, thank you for the extra info. Hopefully your ISP can help you resolve this problem but let us know if it continues.
Message 315 of 1,017
DillyDilly
Apprentice

I had the exact same issue today after power cycling the XR500.  I lost my internet connection due to the router MAC address switching as you describe.  I had revert the router to defaults and rerun the setup wizard to get the connection back.

Message 316 of 1,017
SneakeyPetey
Aspirant

Having same issues here. Very frustrating. Is this firmware from this post not the current firmware now? If not, can you please provide to me.
Message 317 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 318 of 1,017
SneakeyPetey
Aspirant

I received the file but it wont open.  Says 'the disc image file is corrupt".  Went to folder > right click > mount.  Am I following the steps correctly?

Message 319 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You need to upload it to the router in Settings > Administration > Firmware Update
Message 320 of 1,017
iTatze
Aspirant

Betreff: XR500 drops internet

I am have wifi drops constantly can this be a Firmware problem i have V2.3.2.22

Message 321 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Betreff: XR500 drops internet

Sent you a PM
Message 322 of 1,017

@Netduma-Fraser

So the firmware you provided worked for 5 days, then last night the router lost all internet for about a minute, then it booted back up. Any suggestions is appreciated. 

Message 323 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

I gave in and called my isp I guess all my problems are because of my isp they said they could see my Internet shorting in and out on there end.

Message 324 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So it did an automatic restart? That's a different issue. Could be DHCP Lease Renewal, have you had it again since then?
Message 325 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7