× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-amp-Xbox-One-X/m-p/1632539/highl...

@cment77 wrote:

Hello. I'm having the same connected Xbox One X internet dropping issue. But mine seems to happen overnight when waking the Xbox from sleep. I don't have any problems when connected and gaming. Would the firmware you are passing out help?

Message 351 of 1,017
CooLRuNNinGS
Tutor

This is exactly the issue I’m having. Xbox one x starts from sleep mode after being turned off overnight and no internet. I have a wired connection. The firmware hasn’t solved my problem unfortunately
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 352 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling Instant ON feature onthe xbox. Does it happen still? If so, I recommend contacting MS support and have them review this. This seems to be there issue and should be looked at by them...

@CooLRuNNinGS wrote:
This is exactly the issue I’m having. Xbox one x starts from sleep mode after being turned off overnight and no internet. I have a wired connection. The firmware hasn’t solved my problem unfortunately

Message 353 of 1,017
Clintb12
Guide

I thought I read on here there was a newer test firmware than V2.2.1.10-DBG-XR356-180522a... I'm having to power cycle my router about once every 2-3 weeks. Also, it's been about a month and a half since I got this router...just wondering if there's any ETA on an official release firmware for this problem. Thanks!

Message 354 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the mfr and model # of the ISP Modem the router is connected too? 

What FW is currently loaded? 

Has a factory reset been performed. 

NG doesn't post when FW are forth coming. Just have to keep an eye on the download support page or here in the fourms for a release thats been posted. 

@Clintb12 wrote:

I thought I read on here there was a newer test firmware than V2.2.1.10-DBG-XR356-180522a... I'm having to power cycle my router about once every 2-3 weeks. Also, it's been about a month and a half since I got this router...just wondering if there's any ETA on an official release firmware for this problem. Thanks!

Message 355 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

Alright guys I need some advice I am at a lost I spent many hours on the phone with sony vudu and comcast trying to be able to stream 4k content I was on the phone with comcast for probably a good hour or so as the guy was watching my modem to make sure everything was good. Today when i by passed my router and hooked up my 4k player to the modem was the first time I ever got it to work. When trying to stream 4k movies from vudu while hardwired to router I get Error unable to stream this movie at the moment due to a network error. I do not get this message if i bypass the router but every time i am on the router I get this message. I have even gone in and turned off dos protect and nat filitering and still get network error. any Ideas what else I could try ?

Message 356 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post in the root of this forum in regards to this. This needs it's own new post. We'll help you from there.

@Danny80916 wrote:

Alright guys I need some advice I am at a lost I spent many hours on the phone with sony vudu and comcast trying to be able to stream 4k content I was on the phone with comcast for probably a good hour or so as the guy was watching my modem to make sure everything was good. Today when i by passed my router and hooked up my 4k player to the modem was the first time I ever got it to work. When trying to stream 4k movies from vudu while hardwired to router I get Error unable to stream this movie at the moment due to a network error. I do not get this message if i bypass the router but every time i am on the router I get this message. I have even gone in and turned off dos protect and nat filitering and still get network error. any Ideas what else I could try ?

Message 357 of 1,017
trevor3648
Aspirant

I am also experiencing Internet dropouts with my router. I had no issues in the first week, aside from cable issues that got fixed. A week or so later, my router started dropping connection to the Internet multiple times throughout the day. I contacted tech support and they told me to change the channels on my 2.4 and 5 ghz networks, which seemed to shorten the dropout times, but that's about it. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Message 358 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I sent you a PM with firmware to try
Message 359 of 1,017
trevor3648
Aspirant

Thank you Fraser, hope this firmware helps.

Message 360 of 1,017
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So an update for me, I tried out XR500-V2.3.2.26 that you guys sent me and it caused more outages than it fixed. I rolled back to the official release firmware and it's not perfect, but more stable connections for me.

Message 361 of 1,017
Hawkins80
Aspirant

I also have NH mesh extender.
I have not had any issues since purchased in May, now having constant drops and poor negotiation between router and extender. Of course 90 day support is over, had to purchase support contract via Netgear. 😡 After contacting Support, got extender working but few hrs later same issue dropping. I’ve done rebooting and works temporarily. I was on hold for over 1/2hr after being on phone for an hour with tech support waiting for L2 and supervisor couldn’t get through. Frequent drops are why I got rid of Linksys and came to Netgear. Sorry for long rant.
Message 362 of 1,017
Bulldaw6
Guide

Same problem, have a bunch of devices on my network but the ac1900 held up like a boss. Only reason i switched was because of duma but thought i would still get the stable dependablilty of the netger router. Do you know what its like when the wife and kids bust in and say no internet when their favorite show is on. Only had the xr500 for about 2 months and about 20 random internet drops. Plex fix ASAP

Message 363 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you both a PM with firmware to try. Hoping this will be resolved soon as Netgear is on it.
Message 364 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

Hello,

I am having the same issues, I wasn’t aware it was possibly my router as well until I came across this thread. I have the Netgear CM1000 modem and I also had the internet provider come out to trouble shoot this issue, they tried everything as well as switching the modem to their own and it actually dropped my speeds as well. My Netgear N900 worked like a charm I feel as it also had better signal strength. I live in a two story home so good connection is required. Please help, thanks!
Message 365 of 1,017
Bulldaw6
Guide

Thats the firmware that im currently using, like really????

Message 366 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM with firmware Dani, see if that resolves your issues.

Bulldaw6, you've only made 2 posts so it's very unlikely you have the firmware we're providing as its not publicly available. Double check the version numbers on the router and the one provided.
Message 367 of 1,017
trevor3648
Aspirant

So that firmware V2.3.2.26 did not resolve my router outages at all, still drops out the same amount of time and practically same time of day

Message 368 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

I am not having any luck with the firmware that was sent via PM either. I can't even get the file to work, says it's corrupted. Any advice?

Message 369 of 1,017
Jgotta
Aspirant

Netduma-Fraser send a PM for me too! thx
Message 370 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

This XR500 router is really getting under my skin. I tried doing a "factory reset" hoping it would go back to an older firmware, and after setting it back up it automatically updates to the newest firmware, which sucks! Off to bestbuy I go to spend another $400 on a different router. I'll give this Nighthawk X10 AD7200 a try out. Sucks since I thought this XR500 was suppose to be the badass router.... guess not.

Message 371 of 1,017
Bulldaw6
Guide

So, I did update it, haven’t had a drop yet. If everyone’s internet is dropping, then why isn’t it available to the public????
Message 372 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

Do you mind sharing the file with me? The one I was given was corrupted so it was a major bust. Also what program do you use to mount/unzip it?

Message 373 of 1,017
batesy
Tutor

My router keeps dropping the connection about once a day too. Could I also be sent the firmware? I was on the verge of returning it before seeing this post

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router, XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 374 of 1,017
SilverSurferSTL
Aspirant

I just hooked up my XR500 to a new NetGear CM600, and I'm having stability issues as well.  We've got a couple of PC's that we use Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves, and it doesn't matter whether you have 1 or 3 going, we get lots of disconnects....I guess I'll try the new firmware, if someone will send it to me please.  

Thanks,

Message 375 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7