× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Stevecook
Apprentice

Having same issue. Can you send me the firmware.
Message 401 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Stevecook

@Guldito

@Buddahpa

I've messaged all of you the firmware. 

Message 402 of 1,017
Chrisdh79
Aspirant

I've had my router for 2 days, and I'm also running into this issue. So glad I found this thread! Can you send me the firmware? Thank you!

Message 403 of 1,017
utebotz
Aspirant

This issue appears to apply to the XR450 as I have the same issue. Is the firmware you are sending different than the version on the netgear downloads page? I currently have 2.3.2.22. I also have changed the setting on my xbox.

Message 404 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the XR router is connected too?

I have same router, no issues seen using most recent FW version using a NG CM1000r modem.

Have you tried the inital 1st version of FW as well?

@utebotz wrote:

This issue appears to apply to the XR450 as I have the same issue. Is the firmware you are sending different than the version on the netgear downloads page? I currently have 2.3.2.22. I also have changed the setting on my xbox.

Message 405 of 1,017
utebotz
Aspirant

I am plugged into a Centurylink Actiontec DSL router. Issue did not exist until I introduced this new router into the mix. 

Message 406 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

Anyone know how to factory reset this back too day one original firmware? Seems the reset option under the admin cpanel reboots it and automatically updates it, smh.

Overall this router has been a nightmare, I am really debating on getting rid of it and trying out the Netgear X10, or just ditch it all and go with Ubiquiti. Anyone have experience, or suggestions?
Message 407 of 1,017
B1ggSh00t3r
Apprentice

@Danimalski wrote:
Anyone know how to factory reset this back too day one original firmware? Seems the reset option under the admin cpanel reboots it and automatically updates it, smh.

Overall this router has been a nightmare, I am really debating on getting rid of it and trying out the Netgear X10, or just ditch it all and go with Ubiquiti. Anyone have experience, or suggestions?

Administration >> Backup Settings >> Revert to factory default settings

Message 408 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

go to the firmware page download the old firmware go to settings turn off autoupdate then try to upload the old one.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 409 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe he needs to download the older FW file from the web site and apply it.

I did this with my XR450...as a test.

@B1ggSh00t3r wrote:

@Danimalski wrote:

Administration >> Backup Settings >> Revert to factory default settings

Message 410 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the NG router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

@utebotz wrote:

I am plugged into a Centurylink Actiontec DSL router. Issue did not exist until I introduced this new router into the mix. 

Message 411 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

I did the factory reset, everytime the router sets up it has the latest firmware that was loaded. I am ready to just ditch this whole setup and check out this company called, Ubiquiti. Looks more promising.
Message 412 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you first download the 1st released FW for the XR500 and apply it to the router? Just doing a Factory reset does not revert back to older version of FW.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Danimalski wrote:
I did the factory reset, everytime the router sets up it has the latest firmware that was loaded. I am ready to just ditch this whole setup and check out this company called, Ubiquiti. Looks more promising.

Message 413 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Danimalski - I have sent you the firmware

@utebotz - unfortunately I don't have an XR450 equivalent. If you have an Xbox One, please could you perform a full power off as this will hopefully prevent you having any further issues. I believe the fix will be released publicly very soon, so this is just a temporary step.

I think I've sent the firmware to everyone but if anyone else needs the firmware please let me know

Message 414 of 1,017
Danimalski
Tutor

I haven’t download the first firmware for this router. I am using the Netgear cm1000 modem.
Message 415 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Try Downloading and installing the 1st version. Let us know if the new FW sent to you in PM works for you as well...

I'm using the CM1000 and my XR450 is working well with it. 

@Danimalski wrote:
I haven’t download the first firmware for this router. I am using the Netgear cm1000 modem.

Message 416 of 1,017
Stevecook
Apprentice

The firmware one of the guys sent me in a private message seems to have worked hasn't done it since I've installed it.
Message 417 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Danimalski - when you get a drop out, does your entire Internet go down or just wired devices? It's possible you have an overall line issue. The next time it happens, try connecting to your modem and see if the Internet is still online.

If the Internet is online and working fine, but you are not getting a connection through the XR500, then we know the issue is there.

Message 418 of 1,017
buckdutter
Aspirant

I am also having this issue on the XR500. Can I get the firmware update?

Message 419 of 1,017
Ju5tic3
Aspirant

Same issue here...we do have an XBox One.

Please send firmware and procedure for updating from version 

XR500 V2.3.2.22

Thank you,

Message 420 of 1,017
mastiha101
Aspirant

Same issue here

Please send firmware and procedure for updating from version 

XR500 V2.3.2.22
Message 421 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I have sent the file to all three of you. 

Message 422 of 1,017
SergioLIVES
Aspirant

I have the same issue, could I please have the firmware?
Message 423 of 1,017
hiroshi77
Aspirant

Does this firmware work for Australia’s one too?
Message 424 of 1,017
thebigjay19
Guide

Same issue. Can I get the firmware? Thanks in advance.
Message 425 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7