× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Bulldaw6
Guide

I personally haven’t changed anything. I will check this evening
Message 476 of 1,017
Rushal
Guide

Still having issues with the internet dropping out and needing to restart about once a week.  We do have PS4's in rest mode; not sure why that would matter.  The last few times we've lost internet, it'll keep us connected to whatever game or stream we're watching but no new web pages, discord or anything else will work until the router is rebooted.  Pretty odd.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 477 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As mentioned before, its the keeping the device in a semi connected state that triggers the issue. Please power them down fully after use and see if the issue is resolved
Message 478 of 1,017
ASFx
Tutor

Why is this topic marked "solved"? It is not solved. I have the latest firmware and my router still drops the internet connection connection 1-2 times per week. When it happens, all of the devices on my network lose internet access. Local network access still works though, I can connect to the router via the mobile app and reboot it, then my internet connection is fine again. This NEVER happened on my previous router. I figured i'd finally upgrade from the old airport extreme to something faster, but this XR500 has turned out to be a huge headache. This router has one job, and it doesn't seem to be able to do it without problems.

Message 479 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried the previous suggestions? I.e. disabling Instant On mode on the Xbox/fully turning off PS4 after use?
Message 480 of 1,017
Rushal
Guide

Is there any planned fix for the PS4/Xbox issue(if that even helps us, could be something else entirely)?  We'll give it a try but it will take a week to see if it works, since it usually only goes out Saturday morning and evening.  Being forced to power off the console and lose the auto-updates is pretty stupid when the whole marketing point of the XR500 is for gaming.  Never had any other router ever give any **bleep**s about 90% of the things that the XR500 has given me greif over.

Right now it seems pretty sad that Netgear releases a new model router, with the issues this one has.  Interesting that the reviews are so high on Amazon.  Maybe not every one of these routers is a pain in the ass.

Message 481 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There was a firmware update which was supposed to fix it, it hasn't worked for all users. They're investigating it further as well, with other teams. That's just a workaround right now will we wait for the fix. Other routers do have the issue also, not just exclusive to the XR500 but I understand your frustration.
Message 482 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

If a beta firmware comes out I would like to try it. I am having a problem where my new pc will be trying to surf the web and the net goes out on it 100%. I am usually streaming netflix when it happens , netflix will keep working net will go out for 10-40 seconds on pc before I can get on a webpage as it is happening I can go to device manger in the software and see my tv is using 20mbs while my computer is using .003. 

Message 483 of 1,017
ngearftard
Luminary

Do you have a modem with an Intel Puma 6 or 7 chipset? If you have diificulty finding out, post the make/model here.

Message 484 of 1,017
raizor
Initiate

I have the same issue where twitch streams will continue and LAN works but no websites will load. Checking "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection" in the WAN settings seems to have fixed it but I haven't done extensive testing to confirm.

Message 485 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

I have a sb8200 and cm1000
Message 486 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That only occurs on your PC danny? I should think maybe QoS is not enabled correctly and the TV is saturating your connection
Message 487 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

Yea only on computers it happens on my computer. Actually now that i am thinking about it only happens on wifi because my other computer has the same problem on wifi also.

Message 488 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you set QoS to 'Always' with both percentages set to 70% and share excess enabled for both Download and Upload on Bandwidth Allocation and see if the issue is resolved when your TV is using significant bandwidth please
Message 489 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

My router is currently setup that way.

Message 490 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When it happens can you look at the log in System Information please and see if there is anything that could look like the issue please and post it here.
Message 491 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

just a log full of Lan access from remote fallowed by all diffrent Ips.

Message 492 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi all, for those still experiencing this issue post here and we will PM you. We have a beta firmware available which should hopefully fix the issue. Danny, I'll send it to you now.

Message 493 of 1,017
smitheram
Guide

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Nighthawk Pro XR500 which has the most recent firmware installed. Would it be possible for you to PM me the beta firmware mentioned?

Best Regards,

Shane

Message 494 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM Smitheram
Message 495 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

Thank you just installed update , I figured out what was causing all my remote lan access logs. My ps4 was in dmz so it was logging a bunch of Remote access logs.

Message 496 of 1,017
Gardone8876
Guide

Can you send me the beta firmware?
Message 497 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM Gardone
Message 498 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

So far so good I noticed webpages are loading way faster now .
Message 499 of 1,017
chiefsoap
Guide

I had this happen yesterday, it was really weird...

Message 500 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7