× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Freekless
Follower

XR500 drops internet

My XR500 has been dropping Ethernet and the WiFi continues to work perfectly fine please help.
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a console in Instant On/Standby mode? If so disable that and turn them off fully after use. We've found it can cause issues with other devices and are looking into it.
Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Freekless wrote:
My XR500 has been dropping Ethernet and the WiFi continues to work perfectly fine please help.

Message 3 of 7
Riverstyxx
Aspirant

You should be able to log into your modem by goint to address 192.168.100.1 and logging in with admin and password for the password.  

I would check the signal levels and google what they should be for your ISP.  There might be a signal issue with the modem.  

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates or progress on this? 

@Freekless wrote:

Message 5 of 7
Riverstyxx
Aspirant

Wondering this myself. Just set this router up yesterday and had this happen first thing this morning. I am leaning on returning this router as I dont believe it will be fixed due to being an known issue for so long at this point. I watch tv through my xbox and with the console in energy saving mode it wont auto boot into tv mode.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How is the xbox connected to the XR router? Wireless or wired? 

You'll need to talk with MS support about the consoles modes and how to configure them. 

@Riverstyxx wrote:
Wondering this myself. Just set this router up yesterday and had this happen first thing this morning. I am leaning on returning this router as I dont believe it will be fixed due to being an known issue for so long at this point. I watch tv through my xbox and with the console in energy saving mode it wont auto boot into tv mode.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7