× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

V2.3.2.40
Message 801 of 1,017
JNewms
Guide

Yea, I had to downgrade from that version to the previous firmware. Netgear hasn't seemed too concerned with updating this router to get it working well.

Between this and what I've been reading about the CM1000 modem I have, I'm rapidly losing faith in Netgear. I will most likely be replacing my entire setup soon.
Message 802 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

I think .32 is suppose to be like a super stable firmware but i could be wrong

Message 803 of 1,017
Danny80916
Luminary

forum.netduma.com is a awesome place for help also i was just reading on one of the posts a while ago .32 is the like the good roll back firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Message 804 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@nouse, did you still have internet to your ISP hub when that happened? I would recommend downgrading if it occurs again.
Message 805 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

I’m unsure.
I know that the wireless and LAN connection were both dropped.
I just waited about 5 mins and everything came back up.
Message 806 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Might have been a general Internet drop out then - easiest way to confirm next time (if it happens again) is to connect to your modem and see if the Internet is still up on that.

Message 807 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Ok so I went back to the previous firmware and have not have not had any dropouts yet but now my bullets aren’t registering correctly. I shoot first die first.
Normally in a blackout game I go 5-10 kills on average. My last 10 games have been 0-1 kills.
This is so frustrating!
Message 808 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Any help please?
I am so close to returning this thing and ordering the Netduma r1.
Any thoughts?
Message 809 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We can't advise based on a decrease in kills. What is your average ping shown on the Geo-Filter? What are your QoS settings? Have you changed any settings?
Message 810 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Everything is the same except for firmware
Message 811 of 1,017
JNewms
Guide

He would still need the information he asked for. Just saying you got killed more isn't giving anyone network info.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 812 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think you've posted that information before so I can't really advise on what could be happening without further information on network/router.
Message 813 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Ok so I adjusted some things and seem to getting better and then boom.
Lost all internet again.
Error: missing JSON Response.
What in the holy hell??
Message 814 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest you roll back to the .32 firmware in that case, the settings you've made will be preserved but should hopefully resolve the disconnections.
Message 815 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Already did that.
Message 816 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

What other options do you suggest????
Message 817 of 1,017
JNewms
Guide

There aren't really any. You still haven't provided any info. Speeds, ping rate, qos settings. All you've said is you die more. Which doesn't mean anything...
Message 818 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

As stated before.
I changed some qos settings and got the shoot first for first getting better.
I’m more worried about the internet dropouts and the error: Missing JSON Response?
Message 819 of 1,017
JNewms
Guide

Did you reset your router after downgrading firmware? If not you definitely should
Message 820 of 1,017
NoUse4Namez
Aspirant

Yes
Message 821 of 1,017
JNewms
Guide

A factory reset should fix that error
Message 822 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm assuming that error is coming up when the disconnection happens, in which case that's fine, is that the case? How often is the disconnection happening?
Message 823 of 1,017
gdadkins
Guide

On a side note, I had to roll back to the .32 firmware for reliability reasons as the entire router would just lock up completely (could not pull up the page via the IP address) until a power cycle was performed. Running on .32 has been more stable, but not 100% by any means. 

It may have been a coincidence, but around the same time that the router locked up completely again, my ISP had changed uplink providers (they have two different providers for rededundacy reasons). This is an automated process on their end probably via OSPF. You can verify by doing a tracroute to 8.8.8.8 and comparing the hops.

The next time it locks up, I'll check and see if I flipped back to other uplink. If it goes 2/2 on locking up from that, well that may be a common factor with problems everybody is having.

Message 824 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay do let us know what you find out!
Message 825 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7