× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 drops internet

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Give the firmware just posted a try and please see if that works, it's identical to the current one but specially made for this issue.
Message 876 of 1,017
schumaku
Guru

@Xenos8 wrote:

I'll probably give the firmware a whirl tonight.

That's all I wanted to hear!

Message 877 of 1,017
Xenos8
Apprentice

So, I updated the firmware with the supplied update.  I hope it fixes my issue but I am not encouraged.  I applied the firmware and after router came back up I had no Internet access!  Internet light was amber on the router.  Status page showed no IP.  I waited about five mintes and rebooted the router.  Same think.  I then remooted the moden and router and got back on line.  We shall see.

Message 878 of 1,017
ZurkeyDurkey
Guide

I installed that firmware. Factory reset the router afterward. Leaving my X6S unplugged and off, and one of my 24-port network switches unplugged from the router. Going to leave it as-is for a week.
Message 879 of 1,017
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the updates guys, hope it works for you.

@Xenos8  - sometimes installing firmware can take longer than expected. Either way, you're back online with the new firmware installed, so all good.

Message 880 of 1,017
ZurkeyDurkey
Guide

I think my X6S was causing the problems. I had no issues when it was removed from the equation.  Now, I'll be testing out a mesh system as an AP for my XR500.  We'll see how this goes.

Message 881 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

You may need to do a factory reset and setup from scratch...

@Xenos8 wrote:

So, I updated the firmware with the supplied update.  I hope it fixes my issue but I am not encouraged.  I applied the firmware and after router came back up I had no Internet access!  Internet light was amber on the router.  Status page showed no IP.  I waited about five mintes and rebooted the router.  Same think.  I then remooted the moden and router and got back on line.  We shall see.

Message 882 of 1,017
Xenos8
Apprentice

I was just actually thinking about the fact that I did not do a reset after the firmware update.  But its been running fine so far.  No Internet drop offs since the update.  BUT, tomorrow is the big day, LOL.  If you look back through my ramblings you will see that it usually loses its connection in the wee hours of Wednesday or Thursday.  I am waiting like a child on Xmas morning to see if this patch will work.  LMFAO! 

Message 883 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. if it does fail again, try the reset and setup from scratch then see how it goes. Hoping that you won't need to though. Smiley Wink

@Xenos8 wrote:

I was just actually thinking about the fact that I did not do a reset after the firmware update.  But its been running fine so far.  No Internet drop offs since the update.  BUT, tomorrow is the big day, LOL.  If you look back through my ramblings you will see that it usually loses its connection in the wee hours of Wednesday or Thursday.  I am waiting like a child on Xmas morning to see if this patch will work.  LMFAO! 

Message 884 of 1,017
jmc7
Guide

Has this new hotfix firmware fixed the issue with internet drop offs? This thread seem quiet. I never updated my router which is still on very old V2.2.1.10 firmware due to the number of issues many were having and would like to get it to current firmware.

Message 885 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It does seem to have fixed it for most people as far as we can tell so I would recommend upgrading and seeing if it does so you can then also use the additional features.
Message 886 of 1,017
Xenos8
Apprentice

I applied the fix a week ago today and no disconnects. I would like to make it to the weekend before I say it was 100% success for me.
Message 887 of 1,017
gdadkins
Guide

It’s fixed my dropping thus far going on about 5 days now.
Message 888 of 1,017
CooLRuNNinGS
Tutor

Would someone mind sending me the firmware fix as I’m still experiencing issues 12 months since purchasing the xr500?

Many thanks.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 889 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear, thanks for the updates!

Here you are: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
Message 890 of 1,017
Xenos8
Apprentice

Just wanted to post a final update.  The firmware patch fixed my issue.  Router has stayed connected to Internet for just about two weeks no.  Thanks very much!

Message 891 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working. Thanks for letting us know.

Enjoy.Smiley Wink

@Xenos8 wrote:

Just wanted to post a final update.  The firmware patch fixed my issue.  Router has stayed connected to Internet for just about two weeks no.  Thanks very much!

Message 892 of 1,017
CptZivaX91
Aspirant

We are having the same issue. I will still shows as connected to my network but no internet and we have updated the firmware on our router to that version. 

We have 2 XBOX One S's and I will be in a lobby and then all of a suddent be dropped and my husband who is just on a webpage will get the no internet error but shows him completely connected to the network but no internet and our internet service provider says we have not lost internet to the modem in months. 

I have also swapped out the ethernet running between the modem and the router. 

ANy other suggestions besides that firmware update because I have it and it has done nothing. 

Message 893 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are the consoles in instant on mode or any other devices in standby mode? If so turn that off and see if that resolves your issue please.
Message 894 of 1,017
Renkokun
Aspirant

I am having the same issue after 5-10mins my XR500 drops internet and I can't even access the router anymore, if I restart the router it works again for 5-10mins, I don't have any Xbox I tried to update the firmware with the one you provided + factory reset but I still have the same problem. I don't know what else I can do

Message 895 of 1,017
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you using the hotfix firmware?

When the internet goes down, is it still possible to connect to the internet through your modem (bypassing the router)?

If you can connect via the modem even when the router fails, it means we have a router problem. If you can't connect at this time, that suggests a modem or line problem.

Message 896 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Renkokun wrote:

I am having the same issue after 5-10mins my XR500 drops internet and I can't even access the router anymore, if I restart the router it works again for 5-10mins, I don't have any Xbox I tried to update the firmware with the one you provided + factory reset but I still have the same problem. I don't know what else I can do

Message 897 of 1,017
123alex123
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Updated to the firmware posted here and lost internet connection twice in the last 24 hours (that I know of).  

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 898 of 1,017
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded? Downgrade to v32 and factory reset and setup from scratch. 
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@123alex123 wrote:

I have the same issue.  Updated to the firmware posted here and lost internet connection twice in the last 24 hours (that I know of).  

Message 899 of 1,017
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

123alex you upgraded to the hotfix firmware correct? - https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
Message 900 of 1,017
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7