× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 dumaos 3.0 speed test

Laryke
Apprentice

XR500 dumaos 3.0 speed test

On DumaOs when I do a connection benchark I got D A+ D, it says that my download speed is under 500, but when I do a speedtest on another site is 900+.
And when I change network speed and use auto-detect it says that I have 300-400 mbps
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Its been my experience that the built in tests suites aren't accurate >500mbps because they don't always pick the ideal test server. 

I've never used dumaos so can't attest to its accuracy. 

If you're hitting full speed when testing manually, then you can setup the manual test speeds. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maxi...

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

One thing that I would suggest doing would be to double check that the speeds entered into DumaOS are correct, you can do this by clicking the three-line menu in the top right of the interface and then select 'Advanced' and then Network Speeds.

Message 3 of 5
Laryke
Apprentice

I let the router to choose the speed, I have 1200mbs download si 40-50 upload, and when I installed the router says 960 and 40.
But if I do auto choose speed it’s 300-400 download and 40 upload
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're still improving the results reported by Connection Benchmark so you can ignore that for the moment, if a third party speed test gives you the speeds you expect that is what you'll be getting
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7