× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 ethernet status light colors incorrect?

Piwikiwi
Aspirant

XR500 ethernet status light colors incorrect?

Hi there,

the white/amber colors on my ethernet status lights appear to work in reverse.

The DumaOS Device Manager will show Port 1 to have a 100Mbits Link Speed, but the Eth1 light on the front of the XR500 will be WHITE (1Gbps).
Port 2 might show 1000Mbits Link Speed but Eth2 light will be AMBER (100Mbps or 10Mbps).

etc for Ports 3 and 4

If I swap the ethernet cables around the lights and Link Speeds will follow the cables.

Shouldnt a 1000Mbits link have a WHITE light and a slower link have an AMBER light?

thanks,

Piwi

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 ethernet status light colors incorrect?

When did you purchase the router? What firmware are you using? If you look in Settings > Monitoring view does the link speed match with what you're seeing on the Device Manager or the LEDs?
Message 2 of 4
Piwikiwi
Aspirant

Hi there,

I purchased the unit in March 2020.

Firmware is V2.3.2.56.

The lights and speeds (in monitoring) apparently have a mirrored relationship to the actual port numbers. So the light "Eth 1" corresponds to Port Number 4 etc.

I understand this is a bug/error/production fault that these units can have.

I dont care terribly much although it should obviously not have been present on such a premium product. Maybe a notice should have accompanied the unit or possibly a good quality sticker with the correct port numbers should be provided....or something.

Anyway, it would obviously be great if it could be bugfixed or at least stickered correctly seeing as the people that buy these units are probably the ones that might notice the technical details.

Ciao, Paul.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It shouldn't be present on new models so it probably is something we can fix with firmware. Could you try the DumaOS 3.0 beta and see if it is still an issue? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7