× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 firmware

kai-melb
Follower

XR500 firmware

Hi all

Is there an anticipated date for the beta XR500 firmware + DumaOS upgrade to be finalised and released?

I purchased the XR500 just over 2 years ago and its been sitting gathering dust because it was dropping out with frequent DHCP lease renewals from my ISP (which is not a fault of the ISP).  I'm not intending to beta test for a product that I already bought and have spent significant amounts of time diagnosing.

I'm seriously considering pursuing a refund under ACL (I'm in Australia) if the updated firmware doesn't provide reasonable geofiltering capabilities (which is why I spent significant $s on it for) without dropping out WAN frequently.  i.e. fix the DHCP issue and not break other things.

Thanks

Kai

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 firmware

There is no set date because it really depends on how well the beta goes. Saying that, the latest beta update is pretty stable and does include fixes that help with the DHCP issue, I'd recommend giving it a try. Would suggest a factory reset after upgrade. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7