× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 fixed up to CCTV Dvr

JAS107
Tutor

XR500 fixed up to CCTV Dvr

Hi, new too forum
Recently bought XR500 pro gaming router & trying to setup fixed up camera DVR
Set fixed IP in LAN settings which auto set a fixed ip to device
Port forwarded my usual 8080 port but can only view inside WiFi in property? as soon as I select 4G then cannot connect (my BT router is still configured to accept port & fixed IP which is connected to gaming XR500
Can anyone assist please
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd put the camera in the DMZ of the XR500 and enable access from the WAN and that should do it.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 2 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean by 'as soon as I set to 4G'? I assume you mean on the camera. If it's working on the XR500 when connected via LAN, then is this not a question for the camera manufacturer if it's not working after going to 4G?

Apologies if I have misunderstood.

Message 3 of 7
JAS107
Tutor

Hi thanks for message

I will check this out tonight and update when successful

Thanks again

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 7
JAS107
Tutor

Hi Thanks for message

Apologies, I meant select 4G from Mobile device (iphone) 

I can now see device after some settings yesterday evening, on port 8080 and creating a Bridge to Modem but it was by luck I connected with my Fixed IP address from BTopenworld (I assume it has used exisiting open ports from BT Modem) 

It felt it wasnt correct and noticed upon getting to office whwere we have a Laptop to remotely view constantly, could not connect through usual Firefox or IE, however upon downloading Hikvisions software it connected

I do not think I have connected properly as I have done before in terms of simple BT BusinessHub 6 port forwarding etc.

At this point I cannot remember as to exactly what I had done so need to confirm looking later (tried like 20-30 different ways as "lost my Way")

I will update once I know exactly what id done (it does work perfect and fast) I did fix internal port as static 

Message 5 of 7
JAS107
Tutor

Ok, so:

On Netgear XR500

LAN Setup I reserved address to CCTV ip 10.0.0.1

Advanced settings/ port forwarding opened ports 554 & 8080 (External & internal)

Port Triggering CCTV  :8080

On my BThub6

On Ethernet TAB Port 1 (connection devices) I used the XR500 to replace ip-address from my prior connection (i.e. the ip & mac address of Router)

To correct my own thought train earlier, I did open port on XR500 as the intentional 80 port that I always have used prior confilcted with another system on XR500 so chose the 8080

I do not think this is the correct way but is works, I would prefer clarification or another way to do it correctly (if this is not correct that is?) I had connected support by live chat the evening prior but could not help wih issue (they could but required $199 for years subscript for a brand new product?)

I confirm it does work correctly on both new iphones and SDK- hikvisions own software DVR Player https://www.hikvision.com/en/Support/Downloads/SDK

I could not connect via firefox or IE (thought firefox would break through with add-in but no joy.................

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd put the camera in the DMZ of the XR500 and enable access from the WAN and that should do it.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7