× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 gaming Internet drop/crash w/ amazon devices

Spiteful
Aspirant

XR500 gaming Internet drop/crash w/ amazon devices

Ok, I have an XR500 that is having internet drops or is crashing/resetting. 

It was driving me insane trying to figure out what the heck was happening. I have finally isolated the issue. After looking through logs I saw a ton of DoS errors. These were coming from the amazon echoes I have in my home (2 full and one dot). They were chatting with amazon servers as I can see in logs but the router is treating this chatter like DoS attacks. If I unplug all the amazon devices in my home, I never have the internet drops or router restting issue. 

So now I need to know what needs to be done to correct this issue? This looks like normal communication from the devices to amazon servers, why is it being treated as DoS? Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have this problem with these devices and this router?

*******edit****** This is a sparatic event, it doesn't always happen right away, it comes and goes mostly but it is assuredly the amazon devices as I can watch it all go down in the logs real time. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 gaming Internet drop/crash w/ amazon devices

Could you try setting the DNS servers on the XR500 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7