× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 , how do I QoS everything to a machine ? And if possible a secondary one ?

Dahkoht
Follower

XR500 , how do I QoS everything to a machine ? And if possible a secondary one ?

I just got an increase in my internet speed and am looking for a way to set that on the router so it reflects correctly for the QoS and allocation etc.

Surely there's a way to redo the speed test without going through the whole setup wizard again ?

Found the way to to do the above manually , but I'd like to also know how to priortize ALL traffic to a certain device , is the only way to say put in manual ports range from 1-6500 or something ?

And if so , can I add a second device in the list the same way etc as in a list to where to prioritize traffic for games not listed or just in general ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 , how do I QoS everything to a machine ? And if possible a secondary one ?

This is a bad idea. Traffic Prioritization is only meant for low latency/low bandwidth traffic. If you start prioritizing every single port through then it will have adverse affects. There is also absolutely no need to do this. However, yes ports would be the way to do it.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7