× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 internet issues

RossiDK
Follower

XR500 internet issues

Hi

I have just got a xr500 and installed it as directed to replace my default router from my fiber provider. All connected and working but unable to find the internet connection. I went through the install process and it failed so I set it up manually to get to the vlan settings. I made a new rule as my fiber provider said I needed to use 101. Still nothing. I have no idea what to do next. Please help.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 internet issues

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT? 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the XR router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the XR router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 internet issues

Try resetting your modem, then rebooting your XR500. Does it obtain an Internet connection after this?

If not, can you set your modem into bridge mode or modem mode and try again?

Finally, if that doesn't work, try factory resetting your XR500. Going through the initial setup will allow it to auto-detect your connection type

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7