× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 issue login. netgear support is trash.

spamsgood
Follower

XR500 issue login. netgear support is trash.

so i bought an XR500 gaming router used. its amazing. except that i cannot login to my netgear account because it says the serial is already in use (like i said i bought it used) and tells me to contact customer support. so i do that. I've sent 5 emails over the last 2 weeks and not one response. so i decide to try and call and they wont even talk to me without a credit card since its not under thir 90 days of "complemenery customer support." this sounds like total bs to me. just anoutherway to try and gouge customers. ive never bought a netgear router before but based on the support ill likley never buy another one regardless as to how much i like the xr500. if i called asus, or linksys about an issue with an older router they would not charge me to talk to a person. this is **bleep** design on netgear's part and makes me want to advise all my family to stay away from netgear products as they will only help you if you pay them. even if its an issue netgear created themseves.  

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 issue login. netgear support is trash.

I would contact one of the forum moderators and have them help you with the registration. 

@Christian_R 

Be sure you have a NG account setup here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7