× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 lag on IPTV

gamestoned
Aspirant

XR500 lag on IPTV

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an add issue on my brand new XR500. Configured IPTV on my Samsung MU8000 using SmartIPTV app but while swiping channels it takes anywhere between 10-15 secs & most of the time connection failed.

This happens only to IPTV my streams like Netflix, xbox, Prime all work fine. Just like my previous router. Only the connection failing on IPTV channels.

Paul

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Is it possible there's something wrong with the app? The fact other channels work fine suggests this could be the reason.

If you connect your TV to your router or another modem, does the issue continue?

Message 2 of 12
gamestoned
Aspirant

I just tried that and plugged back my old router (Asus DSL-N66U). No issues. Channels swap less than a second between each other. So definitely there is something wrong on the XR500 that's causing this behavior.
Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat options, does that resolve the issue?
Message 4 of 12
gamestoned
Aspirant

That's the first thing I did. But no vain. I upgraded to latest firmware ending 2.32 but no luck on it. I disabled and enabled all WAN settings one by one and restarted the router each time ran speed tests and then tried swapping channels but still the issue persists.
Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make sure IGMP snooping is enabled in WAN Settings, that may resolve it
Message 6 of 12
gamestoned
Aspirant

It was enabled and disabled. Both options didn't get any change in the result.
Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd give Netgear support a call then, they'd be more familiar with this and may have some other suggestions
Message 8 of 12
Gambito
Aspirant

Hey bro did u resolve your issue already?
I have the same problem here with my Qled 6 tv. Can’t open the Chanel’s in my SMART IPTV.
Message 9 of 12
gamestoned
Aspirant

Hey buddy,

The issue is still there & i have opened a formal suppot ticket with Netgear. They are investigating & I'm having calls with their L2 support. They are trying different settings & taking debug logs. I would suggest you do the same. Let's hope for the best.

PJ

Message 10 of 12
Gambito
Aspirant

I already did that bro and nothing changes. Am done. The only way I can see my smart IPTV list is connecting my tv directly to my CM1000 modem. But that means that I let my other devices without internet. So I only do that at midnight
Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Usually IPTV does require a connection to the modem/ISP router. Is it possible to have the IPTV connected and the XR500 connected at the same time?
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7