× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 no internet

N3TW33K
Aspirant

XR500 no internet

My router worked properly for the last +- year. Now since a week it doesn't work anymore. The wifi points are “working” you can connect to the network but they don’t have internet. Swapped the ethernet cables, the last one gave internet for a couple minutes then stopped working. Rebooted the router a couple times without succes. Now I factory reset the router and now the internet led flashes red. I tried everything(to my knowledge) (switch the ethernet cables, reboot, FReset) what can I do? Nothing changed at the ISP so don't know what happend.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: XR500 no internet

What modem is it? 

Have you tried directly connecting to the modem or whatever your isp has setup? 

Message 2 of 5
N3TW33K
Aspirant

Yes I tried that unfortunately without any succes. Not sure what model it is. Its one from ziggo from the netherlands
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@N3TW33K wrote:
Yes I tried that unfortunately without any succes. Not sure what model it is. Its one from ziggo from the netherlands

so directly connected to the modem, it doesn't work? If so, its a modem issue. not a router issue. 

Model is kind of key as well. 

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, if you're directly connected to the modem and it doesn't work then it is either a modem or ISP issue. I would advise getting in contact with your ISP first and see if they can determine anything from their side.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7