× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 no wifi devices will connect to internet

xlr8r
Guide

XR500 no wifi devices will connect to internet

okay

so just bought eth Xr500 and set up everything as per my old R7000

only thing is, NONE of my wireless devices will connect to the internet ????????????

pulling my hair out right now .....

all wireless devices show offline in the Xr500 Device Manager

also noticed, alot of devices i "named" are not showing their new names across the menu's...?

updated to latest firmware , same thing

HELP!!!!!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hello, you just made a post on our forum, here is what I said there: Factory reset the router from Settings > Administration > Back up settings and click erase. This should resolve the WiFi issue. Are they all connected but just no internet access?

Did you click Update on the device panel after you had given it a name?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hello, you just made a post on our forum, here is what I said there: Factory reset the router from Settings > Administration > Back up settings and click erase. This should resolve the WiFi issue. Are they all connected but just no internet access?

Did you click Update on the device panel after you had given it a name?
Message 2 of 6
Djimi
Guide

I can't get the xr500 to work. Says connected but no Internet. Have reset the router and every time I put in my ISP pppoe settings. (username & password from plusnet) I just get this message. Help me please.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Djimi, there is no need to make multiple posts. I have already responded to you on the Netduma & Netgear forum.

I would highly recommend calling Netgears 24/7 English Support Line as they should very quickly be able to resolve the issue you're having. They are much more familiar with the Settings as they created it. Sign in here: http://support.netgear.com/and you should get a number to call.
Message 4 of 6
Djimi
Guide

Sorry. I thought their would be different people on each forum. And I'm pretty desperate to sort this. Been trying for 2 days and still can't do it. This is on top of having troubles with the R1 & Plusnet for the best part of a year.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As I mentioned if you call the support line you'll get it resolved very quickly!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7