× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 not broadcasting SSIDs

Orami
Aspirant

XR500 not broadcasting SSIDs

So my roommate came home today and complained his phone and TV weren't recieving a signal from the router. 

I logged into the router and my wireless status says 2.4GHz and 5GHz are both disabled... In the router settings pages both are enabled in both basic and advanced wireless setup... I have also tried disabling them here and the enabling them that did not work as well.

My network is a bit... extensive... to say the least...

A brief overview:
ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 --feeds--> XR500
XR500 --feeds--> WD NAS and a Cisco 16 port switch which feeds all the runs in the house.
That cisco switch also feeds the 24 port Cisco switch in my server rack which feeds a couple servers, my main dev PC, Laptop, security cameras and the like.

I have a good connection here at my work area except to the iMac which is wireless, because the wireless is missing...  There is a lot of port forwarding going on for the servers and different services they are running.  I would prefer to not wipe out all my forwarding info and re-enter it by hand again.  I have tried unplugging the router and waiting 30 seconds or so.  I have tried the button on top that says wifi on/off.  I'm just not sure what the next step should be it happened what I assume was overnight or earlier today.  I haven't been using the wifi today so I didn't notice it was down.  Anyone had a similar issue that has a fix? 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 not broadcasting SSIDs

It does disable WiFi if pressed but won't change that on the interface so it would appear as the issue you described. If that wasn't it then might have been a momentary blip as it's working now. If it happens again let us know

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear this!

What firmware version are you currently running on the XR?

Are you using any wireless access points or extenders? Or are all wireless devices connecting directly to the XR500?

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

with the wifi on/off button, did you push and hold it for at least 2 seconds? 

Many just click the button but it needs to be held for a bit

Message 3 of 5
Orami
Aspirant

Oddly enough this morning the wireless is back up on both channels.  Normally I don't have my other AP active in the server rack currently it is off I really only power it on when I want a strong signal in here (when I am testing something on the quest 2 or sending a design over to the 3D printer).

UptimeRouter TimeBoard ModelFirmware VersionDumaOS Name

15:45:16 up 16:47, load average: 4.62, 4.34, 4.31
Fri Aug 27 15:45:16 UTC 2021
NETGEAR XR500
V2.3.2.66
A7Legit

I had tried pressing and holding the button when I was messing with it yesterday it appeared to disconnect ETH3, but no luck on the wireless.  I eventually gave up came back in here and continued working.  Does the hardware button change a setting that is unable to be accessed by the software (https interface)?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It does disable WiFi if pressed but won't change that on the interface so it would appear as the issue you described. If that wasn't it then might have been a momentary blip as it's working now. If it happens again let us know
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7