× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 not connecting to wired devices

Killerjerick
Aspirant

XR500 not connecting to wired devices

Hi there, I seem to have been lucky when it comes to this router as I’ve seen some horror stories of others’ issues, but none of them are quite like this, originally the only issue I had was not being able to load any web servers via mobile devices, weird, but okay, Netduma-fraser advised I try the beta software, so I did, and while it didn’t fix it per day, I didn’t have any other issues, I’ve been running the same beta for a few months (since December at least) and just tonight had the first real issue pop up, apparently, my router suddenly decided to stop all contact with any wired devices, just one minute, fine, gigabit internet, the next, nothing. Great, just what I needed, issues that don’t make sense. (the only thing I did today was forward a port, like I’ve done many times in the past) however, wireless devices work fine, phone, tablet, tv all work 100%, leading me to believe it’s a hardware fault, attempting to contact Netgear is ridiculous, I called the number to check for a hardware fault and the robot just disconnected the call when I asked for a technician.

So I looked up some possible solutions and for the past 2 hours have been working through them one by one to no avail.
I’ve tried:
Rebooting
Restoring to factory settings
3 different firmwares (232.108, 232.114 dumaos3 and 232.114)
Disconnecting all Ethernet cables except for my pc

The closest I’ve gotten was briefly loading the router login page after factory reset and only having my pc plugged in.

P.s sorry for any incoherent rambling or improper grammatical structure, it’s currently 11pm and I’m on an early schedule right now.

Edit: I think I may have posted this in the wrong section, sorry 😕
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Killerjerick
Aspirant

Re: XR500 not connecting to wired devices

After fiddling around for an hour more last night, I woke up to that message and tried that firmware, no dice, however I believe I have now solved it via much trial and error.

Looks like my readynas424 which I’ve already had countless issues with is causing all wired devices to disconnect whenever it’s plugged in, I’m assuming it’s flooding dhcp requests or something similar... thank you for your help, I’ll go back to my 424 thread to figure out a solution for that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please try this firmware and factory reset after as it should fix the issue https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/m-p/2...
Message 2 of 4
Killerjerick
Aspirant

After fiddling around for an hour more last night, I woke up to that message and tried that firmware, no dice, however I believe I have now solved it via much trial and error.

Looks like my readynas424 which I’ve already had countless issues with is causing all wired devices to disconnect whenever it’s plugged in, I’m assuming it’s flooding dhcp requests or something similar... thank you for your help, I’ll go back to my 424 thread to figure out a solution for that.
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well done for figuring it out. Keep us posted on how you get on!
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7