× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 not detecting 2nd USB Storage for Readyshare

gamestoned
Aspirant

XR500 not detecting 2nd USB Storage for Readyshare

Hi all,

Seems like I cannot email support because my warrenty expired. But having said that, I thought of giving a try here for the first time to get a solution asap.

I have 2 Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB drives (Both formatted for NTFS) & connected to USB1 & USB2 ports on the side of the XR500.

USB settings is ON

MediaServer is ON

USB 1 is detected & Visible in Windows 10 latest build 1903.

For some reason USB 2 is not detected not visible in readyshare or dumaOS settings.

What I tried

1) Swapped the drives between each other & still second Seagate Slim is not detected.

2) Thought its a cable issue & tried the working cable between USB1 & USB2 but only 1 drive still detected

3) Both drives are formatted to NTFS with some files on it so see that it's working

Any suggestion please on how to get the second USB2 drive detected.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 not detecting 2nd USB Storage for Readyshare

Someone has just recently posted that the Win10 1903 build is incompatible with ReadyShare, so potentially something for Netgear to improve upon but either way I've already let them know. Depends on you but it may be worth downgrading to the previous build if you want the functionality back for the moment.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7