× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 not giving full download speeds via ethernet

-Diamond-
Tutor

XR500 not giving full download speeds via ethernet

So recently I have upgraded my internet to 400 mb/s and I use the modem that came from my ISP. Well my wireless speeds perform WELL better than expected at over 410 mb/s download and around 23 mb/s upload, however when running speed tests via speedtest.net all 3 of my homes PC's only recieve around 60 mb/s down but still get 23 mb/s up. 2 of these PC's are connected via an ethernet switch all connected with Cat5e. One PC however is connected directly to the router with a Cat6 cable. I have tried updating firmware, disabling QoS, disabling the Anti-Bufferfloat, and even doing a full factory reset (during the factory reset where it will auto-detect speeds the router DOES recognize 400+ Down and around 20 up). Any advise or guidance would be much appreciated.  

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Brilliant thank you, port 1 is limited to 100Mbps so that could be why you're experiencing slower speeds on that port, if you use a new cable - go back to check its at 1000Mbps for link speed and do a speed test do you get higher?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the table view of your Device Manager please?
Message 2 of 8
-Diamond-
Tutor

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Click the 3 line icon in the top left of the panel and select the table option, can I see a screenshot of the table view please?
Message 4 of 8
-Diamond-
Tutor

Of Course! I apoligize I never noticed this as an option before

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Brilliant thank you, port 1 is limited to 100Mbps so that could be why you're experiencing slower speeds on that port, if you use a new cable - go back to check its at 1000Mbps for link speed and do a speed test do you get higher?
Message 6 of 8
-Diamond-
Tutor

Turns out it was just that bogus cable! I really appreciate the help this has been a headache of mine for almsot a week!

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update. Glad its all working well now.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7