× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 not showing connection to my xboxone

Th3HypeISREAL
Aspirant

XR500 not showing connection to my xboxone

Although connected to the internet my Device Manager on DumaOS shows it not connected. Why is this? 

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean exactly? It doesn't show an active connection to the internet? Can you describe it as uploading a picture takes a while to be moderated
Message 2 of 6
Th3HypeISREAL
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah I see. If devices aren't transmitting any data then they will show up as offline. If you do anything on one of those devices they will show as online.
Message 4 of 6
Th3HypeISREAL
Aspirant

Well see thats my question. Im playing Xbox currently, my samsung is connected, as our my phillips hue lights. All of them wired and plugged into the back of the router and they all have internet but appear offline. why is that? 

Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Has your Xbox connected wirelessly by accident? If so, it should be on the Wirelss branch of your Network Map as a second Xbox One. It would be helpful to see your entire Network Map the next time you're playing on your Xbox.

As for the other two devices, try actively doing something on them e.g. download a file, stream a video etc. It should then show on the Network Map.

Also make sure you're on the latest firmware if you haven't done so already: https://kb.netgear.com/000060464/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-40

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7