× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 not showing proper status in device manager

DylanK
Tutor

XR500 not showing proper status in device manager

I have XR500 running V2.3.2.114 but for some reason both website device manager and nighthawk app doesnt show proper status of connected device status. It only shows part of devices that are connected.

This used to work fine but not any more. Is this due to firmware?

Thanks,

Dylan

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: XR500 not showing proper status in device manager

@DylanK wrote:

I have XR500 running V2.3.2.114 but for some reason both website device manager and nighthawk app doesnt show proper status of connected device status. It only shows part of devices that are connected.

By "website device manager" do you mean the browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

@DylanK wrote:

This used to work fine but not any more. Is this due to firmware?

The best place to seek advice on the firmware on your XR500 is in the section given over to that router.

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message, but that might take time.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 not showing proper status in device manager

If the devices are on but not being used then they may appear offline, if you then use it then it should switch online - does this appear to be what is happening?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7