× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 port assignments backwards?

Tigsman
Tutor

XR500 port assignments backwards?

so looking in the DumaOS(.56) device manager (list view is simpler) I recently noticed that port 1 is currently 100mb, the other 3 1000mb.  However, on the router itself, its not port 1, but Eth 4 light that is orange.  Based upon dhcp assignment it appears the OS sees the port numbers backwards.  Anyone else seen this?

T

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay in that case it might be something we need to look into ourselves. If it is an issue for you downgrade and check if it reports correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you notice this on previous versions of the firmware? If not then it's an aesthetic bug we'll need to fix. If you did then did you buy the router very early on when it was announced? If so there were a batch of routers that had this incorrect assignments just affecting the aesthetics and not performance.
Message 2 of 6
Tigsman
Tutor

i know that eth4 is the 100mb connection (direct connection to Phillips Hue hub), has been since i got it.  I just recently noticed the port assignments in the DumaOS, not sure how long it has been that way. port 4 in back of router and eth4 light in front seem to correspond correctly.  DumaOS seems them backwards.  As for when i got it, my 1 yr service agreement expired a short time ago 1-3 months.

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Did you notice this on previous versions of the firmware? If not then it's an aesthetic bug we'll need to fix. If you did then did you buy the router very early on when it was announced? If so there were a batch of routers that had this incorrect assignments just affecting the aesthetics and not performance.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay in that case it might be something we need to look into ourselves. If it is an issue for you downgrade and check if it reports correctly.
Message 4 of 6
Tigsman
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:

no issue for me, now that I know what to look for.  I suspect its just a pointer on your side for the ports.  I only notice in the Admin Panel of DumaOS.  I know I have a managed switch in port 1 and not a single device, which led me to this conclusion.  DumaOS shows 5 devices on port 4 (all from my switch), not 1.

T

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay great, thank you for the information we'll look into it. Like I said it won't affect your performance at all so no need to worry about that.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7