× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 random reboots! Not even during gaming.

Jeff321
Aspirant

XR500 random reboots! Not even during gaming.

This has been happening more lately it seems.  I'm not even doing much of anything besides web browsing.  And my network connection will die.  After a couple minutes I am able to log into the router admin page, and per the Uptime and Log in System Information, the router has rebooted for an unknown reason.  I saw in another thread to disable Traffic Prioritization so I have just done that and I guess I'll see if I have more issues.  Anything else I should do?  RMA it?  Getting really annoying.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with a test firmware. It was not made to specifically fix your issue but may help. If not then it could be a hardware issue so would recommend calling Netgear Support.
Message 2 of 6
Johnny1914
Guide

I am having the same issue and this is a replacement I got from NETGEAR. I am close to returning it and getting my money if there is no fix for this.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There must be something triggering your reboot, what is happening on the network prior to a reboot?
Message 4 of 6
Johnny1914
Guide

I turned off the automatic updates and ever since then it has been working fine. NETGEAR should patch that up on there next firmware update.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We've just got a beta firmware that hopefully fixes the issue, I'll PM it to you. Glad to hear it worked.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7