× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 reset it self

TAJ68PR
Tutor

XR500 reset it self

My XR500 reset itself and I had to set it up again like the first time it was turned on. I already had the latest firmware 2.3.2.56 so why did it reset itself?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 reset it self

I couldn't say why it did that, could've been a power surge or something like that. Make a backup of your settings in Settings > Administration > Backup settings so you can restore your settings quickly if needed again and monitor it and let us know if it happens again and what was happening on the network at the time.
Message 2 of 4
TAJ68PR
Tutor

It happend again today, we had a power outage last night but we've had power outages before and it never reset the router to the point where it ran the initial setup wizard. I read in the forums where a user had tihe same problem even with a UPS. I made a backup of the settings is there a way to skip the initial setup wizard to apply the backed up settings?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have seen it reset during power outages but doesn't always happen. No way to skip except just go through it as quickly as you can, you can skip the speed test for example.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7