Reply

XR500 router internet issues

StevenW1230
Guide

XR500 router internet issues

So few weeks back I was having issues with the r-app is not loaded yet. That was fixed for awhile but now it is back. Only on top of that I have even more issues now. At times the wifi will just stop working out of no where. Anything I have connected via Ethernet works fine. However other times the Ethernet network will stop working and the wifi network will be the only thing that works. 

 

The router is fully up to date and I have rebooted it 3 times now to fix these issues as that is the only wya to fix them. I have tried fully restoring the router and that does not fix anything. I have not made any changes since the first setup and the xrapp fix test months ago. I feel like me spending almost $300 for this router was pointless.

 

Model: XR500

Firmware: V2.3.2.56

DumaOS: A7Legit

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Could you go to the System Information page and increase the number of retries for launching r-apps to 6?

Message 2 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@Netduma_Alex wrote:

Could you go to the System Information page and increase the number of retries for launching r-apps to 6?


Sadly it says 6 is an invalid timeout number. I currently have it set to 5 thou for the last fix.

Message 3 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

5 is the maximum you can set for that option, let us know how you get on now its been set.
Message 4 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
5 is the maximum you can set for that option, let us know how you get on now its been set.

That is correct. I have had it set to 5 since the first fix attempt months ago. I am out of ideas as to what to try next other than getting a different router. Its annoying always having to restart it and losing internet while I am working, as I work from home and rely on my internet being stable.

Message 5 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

 

You might downgrade FW to v32 and see if the r-apps problems still happens. I would load the FW file, then do a full factory reset and setup from scratch. I would use Opera or Firefox to walk thru the setup wizard. 

 


@StevenW1230 wrote:

So few weeks back I was having issues with the r-app is not loaded yet. That was fixed for awhile but now it is back. Only on top of that I have even more issues now. At times the wifi will just stop working out of no where. Anything I have connected via Ethernet works fine. However other times the Ethernet network will stop working and the wifi network will be the only thing that works. 

 

The router is fully up to date and I have rebooted it 3 times now to fix these issues as that is the only wya to fix them. I have tried fully restoring the router and that does not fix anything. I have not made any changes since the first setup and the xrapp fix test months ago. I feel like me spending almost $300 for this router was pointless.

 

Model: XR500

Firmware: V2.3.2.56

DumaOS: A7Legit


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 6 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Oops sorry I gave you the wrong number there.


@StevenW1230 wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
5 is the maximum you can set for that option, let us know how you get on now its been set.

That is correct. I have had it set to 5 since the first fix attempt months ago.


 

Message 7 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

 

You might downgrade FW to v32 and see if the r-apps problems still happens. I would load the FW file, then do a full factory reset and setup from scratch. I would use Opera or Firefox to walk thru the setup wizard. 

 


@StevenW1230 wrote:

So few weeks back I was having issues with the r-app is not loaded yet. That was fixed for awhile but now it is back. Only on top of that I have even more issues now. At times the wifi will just stop working out of no where. Anything I have connected via Ethernet works fine. However other times the Ethernet network will stop working and the wifi network will be the only thing that works. 

 

The router is fully up to date and I have rebooted it 3 times now to fix these issues as that is the only wya to fix them. I have tried fully restoring the router and that does not fix anything. I have not made any changes since the first setup and the xrapp fix test months ago. I feel like me spending almost $300 for this router was pointless.

 

Model: XR500

Firmware: V2.3.2.56

DumaOS: A7Legit


 


I use a Motorola surfboard. Purchased myself as the ISP issued ones are trash. The router I had before this had no issues at all and only reason for replacement was due to it crapping out on me and wanting to upgrade. I just had to re start the router again as the wifi stopped working. For the factory reset already tried that from the last post I made trying to fix the issue. Here is a link to what we tried.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/xr500-r-app-is-not-loaded-yet-Please-t...

 

I may just need to see about getting a replacement sent out. 

Message 8 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

There a model # of this motorola modem? There are different models. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 9 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@FURRYe38 wrote:

There a model # of this motorola modem? There are different models. 


Yeah sorry. It is model number SB6141. Not too sure how the modem would cuase these errors thou in the router thou.

Message 10 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

I would suggest going back to an older firmware to see if it is more stable for you. Also you said about restoring the router - do you mean doing a reset and then restoring from backup? If so then I would do the reset without the backup as that could bring it back.
Message 11 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I would suggest going back to an older firmware to see if it is more stable for you. Also you said about restoring the router - do you mean doing a reset and then restoring from backup? If so then I would do the reset without the backup as that could bring it back.

Okay I will try a roll back to see if that helps. For the reset I have tried a full factory reset and no restoring of a backup, a full reset of just the config data, and a full factory reset with a backup restored. All work for a bit but then right back to the errors.

Message 12 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Ok, just checking to see if you had a router built in to the modem. This model is a modem only. 


As suggested, revert back to v40 or v32 and check to see if this still continues. Factory reset the XR after loading FW and setup from scratch. 


@StevenW1230 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

There a model # of this motorola modem? There are different models. 


Yeah sorry. It is model number SB6141. Not too sure how the modem would cuase these errors thou in the router thou.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 13 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Let us know if the rollback helps please.
Message 14 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Let us know if the rollback helps please.

Sorry for the delay on this as the holidays snuck up on me and it kept me busy for while. I have downgraded to the 32 version and will report back tomorrow if I see any improvements.

Message 15 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@StevenW1230 wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Let us know if the rollback helps please.

Sorry for the delay on this as the holidays snuck up on me and it kept me busy for while. I have downgraded to the 32 version and will report back tomorrow if I see any improvements.


Okay so I let it work for a coulpe days and the  issue of it timing out is fixed. However the wifi and ethernet still goes out at times. I am at a loss here as to what is going on. Not going to lie, wish I would of just returned it before my 2 weeks were up for bestbuy and got a different one.

Message 16 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings


@StevenW1230 wrote:

@StevenW1230 wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Let us know if the rollback helps please.

Sorry for the delay on this as the holidays snuck up on me and it kept me busy for while. I have downgraded to the 32 version and will report back tomorrow if I see any improvements.


Okay so I let it work for a coulpe days and the  issue of it timing out is fixed. However the wifi and ethernet still goes out at times. I am at a loss here as to what is going on. Not going to lie, wish I would of just returned it before my 2 weeks were up for bestbuy and got a different one.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 17 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@FURRYe38 wrote:

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings


@StevenW1230 wrote:

@StevenW1230 wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Let us know if the rollback helps please.

Sorry for the delay on this as the holidays snuck up on me and it kept me busy for while. I have downgraded to the 32 version and will report back tomorrow if I see any improvements.


Okay so I let it work for a coulpe days and the  issue of it timing out is fixed. However the wifi and ethernet still goes out at times. I am at a loss here as to what is going on. Not going to lie, wish I would of just returned it before my 2 weeks were up for bestbuy and got a different one.


 


I will give that a try and I am the only one in my area with internet as I live on the outskurt of town.

Message 18 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Ok, thanks for the additional information. We don't know who maybe near by so it's why we ask in these cases. 

 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 19 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Sorry to hear that issue is still present, hopefully the suggestions above will resolve the issue.
Message 20 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Sadly still having wifi cutouts and ethernet issues at times. Even with nightly restarts. Looks like my netgear support is no longer viable either as they only offer so many days of service before they want to charge you. Which I think is stupid since some of their products such as mine are close to $300 after tax. I am going to try and get with Bestbuy tomorrow and see about a replacement since it looks like I was smart and got a 2year warrenty during my purchase.

Message 21 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Let us know how it goes. 


@StevenW1230 wrote:

Sadly still having wifi cutouts and ethernet issues at times. Even with nightly restarts. Looks like my netgear support is no longer viable either as they only offer so many days of service before they want to charge you. Which I think is stupid since some of their products such as mine are close to $300 after tax. I am going to try and get with Bestbuy tomorrow and see about a replacement since it looks like I was smart and got a 2year warrenty during my purchase.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 22 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Sorry to hear it's still not working. Another thing I would suggest is if it's connected to an extension lead for power to plug it directly into the wall outlet instead. Sometimes a fluctuation of power can causes issues like this. If not hopefully the replacement will behave properly.
Message 23 of 25
StevenW1230
Guide

Re: XR500 router internet issues


@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Sorry to hear it's still not working. Another thing I would suggest is if it's connected to an extension lead for power to plug it directly into the wall outlet instead. Sometimes a fluctuation of power can causes issues like this. If not hopefully the replacement will behave properly.

I have it hooked to a UPS system (backup power unit) so that I can work if the power goes out but it shouldn't cause any issues. If it was then my computer would also be showing signs of power issues. Along with my monitors.

Message 24 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 router internet issues

Should be fine then, just something worth mentioning! Any luck with getting a replacement?
Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2099 views
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E