× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 short circuiting?

michaelaulia
Guide

XR500 short circuiting?

There was a power shutdown at my home yesterday and I noticed my Wi-Fi was gone after it came back up. So I tried to turn the XR500 off and on again but still can't see my network. I notice that only the Eth and USB power LEDs are lit (the 2.4Ghz, 5GHz, and even the Power are off - weird).

Tried using a pin to reset and even a hard/factory reset. The router was not responding to the pin press (i.e nothing was happening). I tried moving to a different power point of the house, and even tried a power adapter from my old X4S router. Still the same.

Do I have a faulty hardware? I tried searching for support but it looks like you have to pay for premium support if I had the router more than 90 days? I got it October last year, thanks

Video showing when I powered it on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3pS0l6IW8&feature=youtu.be

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah that looks to me like the power outage has blown it unfortunately. I'm unsure of the warranty period the Netgear offers. Are you unable to contact support for a possible replacement?
Message 2 of 5
michaelaulia
Guide

Ow, I see 😞 I was installing solar at home so they turned the power off on the panel for an hour (but my fridge and the rest of the house came back fine, just the XR500).

I actually got it from the PR team to review last year, I'll try contacting them to find out. So with the support, I had to get the Premium support in order to contact them? "NETGEAR provides complimentary technical support for NETGEAR products for 90 days from the original date of purchase"

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh I see, in that case you should have an email you can contact rather than purchasing their support package?
Message 4 of 5
michaelaulia
Guide

Yeah, I've contacted them and waiting for a follow up, thanks. I posted here just in case there's another hard reset method or something that I can do at my end to fix. Cheers for the help and confirmation

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7