× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 showing my printer offline

sassyangies
Aspirant

XR500 showing my printer offline

I know this has been asked before, but I'm not finding a solution to my problem. I have an HP printer that all of a suddenly is showing offline, even though it's not. I've had it hookedup since I got this router and it's been fine, but not it won't show up online. I disconnected it and brouht my son's in to test it and same thing only it happened faster. It said online for a few weeks and not it's saying offline. 

I do not know much about routers and I'm not sure where to start. 

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will say online if it's not being used, if you actually try to print over the network does it work correctly?
Message 2 of 6
sassyangies
Aspirant

No it will not print anything. Funny thing though. There other printer that is currently packed away it shows that there as being online.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to try a reconnect to the WiFi on the printer itself and see if it then appears?
Message 4 of 6
sassyangies
Aspirant

Ok I just tried that, but nothing. 😞
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the device manager show that the printer has an IP address at all or is that blank? If it does have one, go to LAN settings then add a reservation for the printer with the same IP address. Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi or are you connecting devices manually to 2.4/5GHz?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7