× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 still reboots every day

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm unsure on that but we (Netduma) will always provide support here and on our own forum to the best of our ability on the parts of the router we can help with
Message 26 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Know that much, that’s the reason I bought this even though I’m not a netgear fan.  Love the R1 and I love this thing when it’s working, I just hope I didn’t get burnt again by these crooks.  So far no call back and I’m getting a kinda pissed since there’s no direct line to these high tier geniuses.  Guess I’ll have to go through yet another ticket to try to get in touch with a person that can do their job. Wish me luck and I honestly hope either things improve which isn’t seeming likley or you guys get hardware from a company that actually cares about its customers some day.  I’m sure the issue with the R1 update probably stems from the contract with these clowns as well since I’ve been happy with netduma and your service before this partnership for years.  Thanks again

Message 27 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Just wanted to drop in and thank you guys, something we did seems to have worked.  Thank god cause their customer service was totally useless, never called back and dropped my case entirely at my 90 days.  Thanks netduma and still hope you guys move away from netgear eventually cause they really don’t care at all for the folks buying their high end equipment. No drop outs for the last couple weeks so hopefully all is good now. I’ll be over on your forums from here on out cause even if I have issues these clowns won’t help unless I fork out more on top of the 300 bucks to beta test the router.  

Message 28 of 51
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. We're always happy to help out on our forum as well.
Message 29 of 51

Is the issue still not happening? If so, what was the solution?

My XR500 also reboots randomly, sometimes a few times a day, and other times not for a few days.

Please advise!

Thank you

Message 30 of 51
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with firmware, see if that resolves your issue.
Message 31 of 51

thanks, but i get a 404 error (That file isn’t here anymore). did you remove the file:?

Message 32 of 51
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, sent a new link
Message 33 of 51

thank you! i got the file. will try it when i get home tonight or this weekend. 

Message 34 of 51

update: so far my router has only rebooted once after the firmware update supplied. thank you!

it looks like V2.3.2.32 firmware is out now. anyone know of any issues with this release?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 35 of 51
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

.32 is very similar to the beta firmware so there's no real motivation to upgrade if everything is working fine with the current version you have. It's up to you though Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 51
Johnny1914
Guide

Still same issue ... I got a link with a beta but haven’t downloaded it. But I have the .32 firmware and it still reboots. I’ll try the link for the beat but will see if it works
Message 37 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Mine started this crap again as well a couple weeks back, I upgraded to the newest version and did a factory reset from the pin hole button afterwards and it’s been ok since. I also tried to keep my settings as close to stock as I could so I didn’t make any waves that could cause the reboots.  Have done a few resets from the software with no success, but seems the reset with the button either helped or I just got lucky.   That said I’m not home cause I’ve been at great wolf for my daughters birthday so I’ve not been on it more than about a week since doing this.  Headed home today so I’ll post if I keep seeing the issue return and I really hope it’s fixed cause since it’s been working well I sold my R1 so I dont have a Duma backup any longer.   Pretty sad how long this high end routers been out and netgear still hasn’t got the bugs out.  Thank god for the netduma guys or I’d have got no help at all this entire time, any issues I have now I go straight to their forum as netgear has been less than useless.   Just saw a note in my email for this post so thought I’d let ya know what I tried.   Good luck 

Message 38 of 51
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Please try the beta firmware and let us know if it solves your problem

Message 39 of 51
BE4RCL4VV
Aspirant

I have also been hit by the very often rebooting. Twice tonight and it’s too late in the evening to try and fix it. Running V2.3.2.32 firmware. Xbone X console and too many to name other devices connected.
Message 40 of 51
Johnny1914
Guide

I turned off the automatic updates and also kept my router in ipv4 only. That’s seemed to have done the trick. I have not gotten any rebooting since then. But I’ll keep this thread posted. I was sent a beta by NETGEAR to “fix” the issue but I never liked beta anything. So I haven’t installed it.
Message 41 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Well mine worked great again for a couple weeks and now has crapped the bed again, this is mind blowing how long these issues are going unfixed at this point.   Really regretting selling my R1 and not this damn thing right now.   

Message 42 of 51
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@Soloflyerz and @BE4RCL4VV - do you have the beta version of .32 - it contains an extra fix for the disconnect issue. If you would like to try it, please let us know and we can message it to you.

Message 43 of 51
BE4RCL4VV
Aspirant

I don’t believe it’s the beta version. I updated the firmware through the router itself so it would be the one it had pulled up. I would like to try the beta version.

Message 44 of 51
BE4RCL4VV
Aspirant

Just a quick add to the last comment: I did a factory reset last night and didn't do anything to the settings except add the console to the QoS and Geo Filter in spectating mode. I just lost connection again before responding to you.

Message 45 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Yes please send me the beta firmware, I had success with the beta you guys sent when the problem came up originally so hopefully it works again.  Since the last beta build seemed to fix it I assumed after an unplanned auto update that the newer version would include those fixes. Really everything seemed fine for months and now it’s started up again for no apparent reason. I have noticed it  seems to cut out more when there are a few devices running through it at once this time around unlike the last where it really didn’t seem to matter, but that could be coincidence.

Could it be overheating or be caused somehow by multiple devices running through it at once, it’s only a few devices and that’s pretty much what the routers made to do so hopefully not? 

Or have they narrowed down what it is causing the issue at all, I remember seeing a few different possible issues including smart TVs, consoles and other things that seemed odd?   Is their anything I can do settings wise or with other devices I own to minimize the chances along with trying another beta? 

Sorry just getting pretty tired of spending more time fighting with my router than actually gaming on it since buying the XR. My gameplays great when it stays on, but hard to be happy when my whole family and I keep getting booted randomly. 

Message 46 of 51
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you all the beta firmware.

No don't believe theres anything you can change yourself, they seem to know where the issue lies
Message 47 of 51

Hello, if the beta 32 is different than the production 32 (downloaded through the interface), could you please send to me too?

Message 48 of 51
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 49 of 51
Soloflyerz
Guide

Thanks, since early yesterday it hasnt reset again which it normally would  so I’m going to hold off till it does and then try this.   

Message 50 of 51
Discussion stats
  • 50 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7