× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 unable to connect to network

Rastaa
Aspirant

XR500 unable to connect to network

Just got my first gaming router and im trying to connect wirelessly to my PC (Windows 10) and iPhone X.

The router comes up in the list of available networks but whenever i type the password it says verifying and connecting and then says unable to connect to network.

And on Iphone X it will let me add it to my list of networks and then say the password is incorrect even though it is correct.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 unable to connect to network

Did you change the default SSID and password? If not, then the password should be the one on the sticker on top of the unit.

If this doesn't work, you could always do a factory reset using the button on the back. This would put it back to the default SSID and password.

Message 2 of 4
Rastaa
Aspirant

Ive tried factory resetting it and i havent actually been able to connect once to the router to change anything.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The WiFi details would revert back to the details on the sticker on the top of your router. Otherwise connect via ethernet, go through the setup wizard and make the changes to the wifi. Once you've finished the setup wizard then connect to the wifi and see if it works.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7