× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 unkown devices

modernhistorian
Initiate

XR500 unkown devices

I've been using the XR500 router for a few weeks, and have two questions. Is there any way to turn off the Dumas OS tour upon loading the web page? I have gone through to the end and clicked "Done," but it loads again upon the page loading.

There are two unknown devices that show up in the Offline section of Device Manager, with MAC addresses that do not correspond to any device in the household. One shows a a wired device, but all devices wired to the router are known. I can block them, but if I delete them, they return after some time. Is there a way to blacklist a MAC address? 

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 unkown devices

That tour should only appear after a factory reset. To get rid of it just go to routerlogin.net without anything after it in the URL bar and it won't appear again.

Do you have an Access Point connected to the router? It may actually be a wireless device connected. No way to blacklist MAC address but you could block it from the device manager if you're concerned.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That tour should only appear after a factory reset. To get rid of it just go to routerlogin.net without anything after it in the URL bar and it won't appear again.

Do you have an Access Point connected to the router? It may actually be a wireless device connected. No way to blacklist MAC address but you could block it from the device manager if you're concerned.
Message 2 of 3
modernhistorian
Initiate

>To get rid of it just go to routerlogin.net without anything after it in the URL bar and it won't appear again.

That worked. I had Chrome bookmarked the DumaOS Desktop after installation and it retained the tour.

>Do you have an Access Point connected to the router? It may actually be a wireless device connected

No AP, just a "dumb" network switch. I found it, however. There's a DirecTV DVR, with a mini attached to it via coax. The DirecTV is a wireless connection and properly labelled, but the mini gets assigned a wired connection for some reason.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7