× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 wifi connection delays

X_BEOX
Guide

XR500 wifi connection delays

I am having a problem with wifi. Devices take 5 minutes or more to connect. And since some devices like my Roku TV time out before then, they won't connect at all. This happens on iPhones, iPads, Apple TV's and roku. Everyone in the house is bugging me, Help!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 wifi connection delays

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, I would first suggest you disable Smart Connect in WiFi settings and try connecting manually to 2.4/5GHz and seeing if that improves the issue.
Message 2 of 6
X_BEOX
Guide

Thanks. Did that. Actually started a new wifi and made sure not to select that. Worked great for an hour but returned to same issue. Sometimes after a reboot it is fine but doesn't seem to last. I have no gear between my internet line and the xr500.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Was this always an issue since setup or was it since you've changed an option? Have you changed anything regarding LAN Settings? In Advanced WiFi Settings make sure HT160 is off if it isn't already as that can impact it.
Message 4 of 6
X_BEOX
Guide

The only time anything like this has happened before is when I turn the VPN on. Good chance if you are not connected before it is turned on that you will get same result. But the VPN is not on and hasn't been. Nothing else has changed unless firmware was pushed.

ill check that setting but for now, it is working. I don't understand why but I'll not touch anything just to be safe.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Very strange, glad it's working now though, let us know if it happens again.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7