× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 with Telstra NBN FTTN

Rossco88
Aspirant

XR500 with Telstra NBN FTTN

I just got a XR500 and tried setting up with the Telstra gateway modem in bridge mode on my Telstra FTTN NBN connection with zero luck

Wondering if anyone has this router working on a telstra FTTN connection? and if so what VDSL modem are you using?

I am not sure if the issue is the telstra gateway not working in bridge mode or if there is an issue with the XR 500 not supporting IPoE?

Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 with Telstra NBN FTTN

Hi - in theory the XR500 should be able to handle any Internet connection. If you take the modem out of Bridge Mode, then I assume the connection works?

If so, what's the reason for putting it into Bridge Mode? If it's to ensure an Open NAT (which putting into Bridge Mode is the best step), then you may want to try a different solution. Does the modem offer a DMZ option? You could put your XR500 into the DMZ on your modem and that should ensure an Open NAT as well.

If you need the XR500's WAN IP - then go to System Information on your XR500 and it's displayed there.

Hope that all makes sense!

Message 2 of 4
Rossco88
Aspirant

Correct the reason for the bridge is to avoid double NAT, DMZ could be an option would have to give it a go, not the ideal option. I know the Draytek Vigor 130 works well in bridge mode but I also know that Telstra uses IPoE while other ISP's use PPPoE

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Give it a go - if you get Open NAT through using DMZ, and bandwidth speeds remain high - then your setup is great.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7