× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 won't connect to Internet

Albo718
Aspirant

XR500 won't connect to Internet

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Gonna need some more information. What's your network setup? What modem are you using? Is the modem connected to the WAN port of the XR500? Could you get internet with a previous router? Does the modem get a connection on it's own? Have you gone through the setup wizard of the XR500 to find the right connection type? If you need PPPoE, do you know your ISP's login info?

Message 2 of 4
Albo718
Aspirant

Hey Alex,

I tried bridge mode on my verizion fios g1100 router. It connected fine to the netgear router but still no internet. I removed the Netgear router, reset my Verizon router and it still works and gets Internet. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7