× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.36 Issues

thatmyles
Tutor

XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.36 Issues

I'm having Wi-Fi stability issues on the lastest firmware on my XR700. Downgrading to v1.0.1.34 fixes these issues. I noticed this first with my TP-Link smart switch when it refused to connect to the network after the upgrade. I figured it might be Smart Connect not auto switching to the correct network, so I figured I'd set up a guest network and use that with the smart switch. When I enabled the guest network, that network refused to provide an internet connection and degraded my regular network and started dropping connection with my iPhone 12 Pro. There's definitely something buggy with v1.0.1.36

I'm happy to help troubleshoot this release. I hope this feedback helps.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's odd because .36 only included security fixes so nothing to do with WiFi. Did you do a factory reset after upgrading? It is generally recommended to do so as it could bring over old low level code from the previous version which could interact and cause issues on the new version.
Message 2 of 5
thatmyles
Tutor

I did do a factory reset and multiple reboots. The issue persisted. I'll try another upgrade and round of testing again this week.

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried the beta firmware to see if it is an issue there also? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 4 of 5
thatmyles
Tutor

I have not. I'll give the new 3.0 beta a try first. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7