× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Guest Wifi "SSID is duplicate, please change to another one."

blackJaxs
Aspirant

XR700 Guest Wifi "SSID is duplicate, please change to another one."

I have an XR700 running version 1.0.1.2.

Why am I not allowed to set 2.4GHz and 5GHz Guest6 wifi to the same SSID? This is something that has been inconsisitently implemented across Netgear producst. I"m able to set the SSID the same on the R8500 and the XR500, and others I've had in the past, but not the XR700. What Gives?

In other comparisons this quad core beast of a CPU runs the management and DumaOS interface considerably slower than the XR500 did, to the point that some R-Apps refuse to load.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 Guest Wifi "SSID is duplicate, please change to another one."

This is probably due to the introduction of smart connect and the fact that its not enabled probably means something has changed to not allow you to do that. It may be worth contacting Netgear support directly to either see if this is something specific to the XR700 and if they can implement in future.

That shouldn't be the case, clear your browser cache and cookies then load each page on the interface, will be slow at first but then when you return should be faster at it'll be cached
Message 2 of 4
blackJaxs
Aspirant

I would love to blame smart connect for not being able to set the Guest Wi-Fi bands the same. However, I found that running 1.0.0.20 allows the two guest Wi-Fi bands to have the same SSID. I will for sure bring this up with Netgear support.

I'll watch the load times, though it doesn't seem much faster loading the second time or later.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ok, thanks for letting us know..

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements