× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Hybrid VPN not working on Xbox

dahliamo
Aspirant

XR700 Hybrid VPN not working on Xbox

When i first set up the VPN to my router using HMA, it was working fine and was showing a different IP. Now when connected hardwired to my router, the xbox isnt showing a VPN IP. Every other device is connected. When the xbox is wireless, i can apply the VPN service but it now shows 2 "XBOXONE" devices in DumaOS Device Manager. Since this happened i changed the name of one of them to make sure i know which one connects wirelessly vs wired. I have tried deleting both of them but when i hardwire it, it shows 2 again. How can i fix this? I already reset my router and reset the xbox to factory settings. 

i attached a photo for reference. 

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 Hybrid VPN not working on Xbox

How are you checking whether the Xbox has a public VPN IP? That's normal as the Xbox will have a different MAC address when it is wired vs when it is wireless.
Message 2 of 6
dahliamo
Aspirant

I check on whatsmyip.org using microsoft edge on my xbox. When i first used the router, my xbox was showing a VPN IP. Now suddendly it wont mask the IP.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you added the console to the Hybrid VPN, could you provide a screenshot please?
Message 4 of 6
dahliamo
Aspirant

so i have the xbox connected via ethernet. if i add the console while it is connected via ethernet, it will give me a double NAT type. It should automatically be connected to the hybrid vpn if connected via ethernet. 

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry should have been more clear, could you take a screenshot of how you've added it to the Hybrid VPN feature - the right panel?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7