× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Issue

XR700 Issue

Upon initial power up of my Xbox One X, I sign in but cant connect to live until I turn off/ turn back on my XR700. The console is hard wired to the XR700 so I not sure why I have to restart it every time. It always connects after restart though. I upgraded from the original Netduma R1 and never had to do this.

I've only had the XR700 about a week now, I've really only tried switching ethernet ports. Doesnt make a difference.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 Issue

That's quite odd, do you have the console added to the Geo-Filter when this happens? If so if you remove it or switch to spectating mode then boot up the console does it work without a reboot?
Message 2 of 7

Yes it is. Is that a common issue? I will try that next most likely won't be until monday as I am currently out of town.
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No it's not common at all. In theory the Geo-Filter could be blocking a server required to be connected online but if that were the case we'd certainly know about it by now. Try in spectating mode though and let us know if that resolves it and we can go from there.
Message 4 of 7

Sorry for the late response, been a busy few days.

I took the console off geo filter and the issue still exists. I also tried restarting my xbox without powering down the router first and it still wouldnt connect to live without power cycling the router.

It seems to only occur during initial start up of my xbox (first turn on of the day) and always connects after I power cycle router.

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have the Xbox in Instant On mode at all? If so turn that off and then please see if that resolves it.
Message 6 of 7

Will check this evening and report back.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7