× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 Laggy and devices missing on network map

gycuk1
Apprentice

XR700 Laggy and devices missing on network map

HI everyone I have Echolife modem Connected to the XR700, i also have a Netgear Smart switch connected to the XR700 using LAG. Iam using firmware on the router is V1.0.1.24. I have a 62meg connection. All this has been setup for sometime and had no issues In the past few days the internet has become very laggy, when i signed into the xr700 i noticed the Modem (which i run two cables to the router one on the WAN and other on the ethernet side)was missing from on network map. I also noticed the Netgear Smart switch is missing. I can access both devices through there web pages and i can ping them. Thinking that the router had somehow had an issue i went through all the factory reset x3 times and put everything back together which on our home network takes ages. However the Two items are still not showing in network map which is no biggy but the Network/Ineternet is still very laggy. I ran a speed test and were getting 50meg under heavy load . I am still suspecting the XR700 which to me has never been supported aswell as the xr500. I am still reluctant to do another factory reset as it takes so long to put everything back and causes so much disruption to everyone using the network at home. Anyone else had this and any ideas please Jon
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Why are you using link aggregation if you have less than a gig connection? it isn't going to make your speed faster and it link aggregation has been buggy at best in the consumer world. 

have you tried disabling that and just going 

modem---router----switch    with a standard 1 gig connection

Message 2 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean you run two cables from the modem to the XR?
Message 3 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

I run two cables because without connection to port two on the modem you can not see the stats so WAN is connected to Port one on the modem and Port two is connected to ethernet 4 on the xr700

I have been using link aggregation between the router and switch not for the speed but to balance the load out. we have alot plugged into the switch which is in our entertainment unit.

the attached shows the switch and port 25/26 are to the router which appears to show the load is indeed being balanced ?

the modem / and switch are now showing on the network map. Only thing missing now is NAS which i can access but doesnt show on the router

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you go here: https://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_EchoLife_HG612 and look at the option "Access over the LAN1/WAN cable" you can access the interface from the primary connection and then no need for the second cable. What is the NAS connected to, the Switch?
Message 5 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

Hi when i went on the fourm https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,24824.0.html it was the only way the XR700 could do it?

The Nas is on Port4 , also the heating stat has now stopped working connected on the router but not showing which is also on ethernet ports direct to the router.

I recon its going to end up with a factory reset Again of the router

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Give it a go, it is a specific guide for the echolife. Connect them both to WiFi and see if they work better then.
Message 7 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

many thanks for your reply, i have done what you said but nether my netgear switch nor modem are showing STILL seems the xr700 has been discontined https://www.pccasegear.com/products/44731/netgear-xr700-nighthawk-pro-gaming-router

only one site that has. what a heap of **bleep** this is never never again netgear you used make good stuff NETDORMA go else were there not worth it.. i might use the xr700 to keep me door open

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Give it a go, it is a specific guide for the echolife. Connect them both to WiFi and see if they work better then.

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's been discontinued in the sense that it won't be sold in retail anymore but it will still be receiving updates and 3.0.

Can you access the NAS interface and see if it has an IP address from the XR?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7