× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 Latest Firmware 1.0.1.8 causing massive issue

matt57017
Initiate

XR700 Latest Firmware 1.0.1.8 causing massive issue

The latest firmware update is causing wifi devices to not automatically reconnect, or if they do, they immediately drop. It is so bad, it is causing me to rollback to the previous version which works flawlessly. Is anyone aware of this issue?
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So wired devices never lose connection at all? Is it all WiFi devices? Do you have smart connect enabled?
Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try downgrading to v20...

@matt57017 wrote:
The latest firmware update is causing wifi devices to not automatically reconnect, or if they do, they immediately drop. It is so bad, it is causing me to rollback to the previous version which works flawlessly. Is anyone aware of this issue?

Message 3 of 8
matt57017
Initiate

All WIFI devices. Some stay connected, others bounce.

I rolled back to the previous version, and everything went back to normal

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, seems to be issues in latest FW version. NG is on it. Just be patient for the next roll out. 

@matt57017 wrote:

All WIFI devices. Some stay connected, others bounce.

I rolled back to the previous version, and everything went back to normal

Message 5 of 8
RBosel
Aspirant

How does one downgrade to v20? I just recieved this router today and I am really baffled by this issue. Especially due to the fact that is still ongoing today just as much as 2 months ago. I am relieved to hear that it is just a firmware issue. Just confused on how to downgrade is all.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can find the .20 version here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20 you downgrade in the same way that you upgrade from Settings > Administration > Backup settings and upload the .img file.

Once a new firmware is released I'm confident it will resolve the issue but I don't have information on when it might be released.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7