× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 R-Apps Not Responding / Crashing and Missing Device Classification

PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

XR700 R-Apps Not Responding / Crashing and Missing Device Classification

R-Apps will crash - even on fresh restart of unit.  Also when in Device Manager (when it actually works) I don't have the option to set my Nighthawk EX7500 extender as a WiFi extender.  Maybe you should add this in the 3.0 firmware as I'm sure people do use WiFi extenders and this model does support "Smart Roaming" with WiFi extenders. Also, when are we expecting the new FW release or beta?  This old FW is getting very combersome and doesn't want to stay working.

-Jeremy Fenn

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 R-Apps Not Responding / Crashing and Missing Device Classification

I would first recommend you install this firmware and then do a factory reset and that should resolve your first issue. https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

For any extender options you need to do that on the unit itself with how you connect it or by the extender interface. No date but we're testing the beta right now and are trying to get it out asap.
Message 2 of 6
PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

Fraser, I am already on this FW version.  It does not fix the issue. Also, concerning the extender, I do have it set up (via the ex7500 itself), I'm just simply talking about where it shows in the Device Manager section of the admin GUI where I could label it as a Computer or XBox, etc.  There is no option to label it as an extender.  I would assume the labels we use for these devices in Device Manager coorelate with how their traffic is prioritized in the QoS?  As I said previously, since this router does support mesh, I would think in Devices Manager we could set an extender as an "Extender" and not have to label it as a "Computer" or "Printer" or "Xbox" etc. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you clarify what you mean by Crash - Rapp not loaded? Do you actually see it as a device in the Device Manager? As in theory you shouldn't see it as it's just extending the WiFi, does it get assigned an IP? Only the console device types can dictate that, the other devices are not used in the same way and are more for aesthetic purposes.
Message 4 of 6
PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

Sure, I'm assuming the R-Apps are crashing as they come up as "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." with just a spinning circle.  As for the WiFi Extender (Netgear Nighthawk X4S EX7500) Yes I see it in the Devices and is given a 192.168.1.250 default IP address.  Also, are you telling me that the device type set in "Device Manager" is just for looks?  So if I assign my phone the "android phone" label and then lets say I assign my Roku TV as an "av reciever" they're getting the same priority level in the QoS?  I know this router basically prioritizes gaming traffic (Highest) but I would assume different lables like "NAS" or "Printer" or "VOIP" would have different priorities set to their function?  Is that not correct? 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try reinstalling that firmware using TFTP please? https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP doing that will bypass the boot process so if there are any issues there then it should solve it. Then would suggest doing a factory reset and it will then be as fresh as possible. Having a PlayStation or Xbox for example will only do the following: Add the device to the Geo-Filter with the console service when selected. Help with Traffic Prioritization The other device types are aesthetic based, if you want to prioritize them then you can add rules to Traffic Prioritization for them.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7