× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 R-app not loaded yet

V10
Aspirant
Aspirant

XR700 R-app not loaded yet

Keep getting R-app not loaded yet with both firmware versions newer than V1.0.1.8. It happens with Dashboard-Network Overview, Geo Filter- Devices, QOS- Bandwidth Allocation, Device Manager- Network Map, Network Monitor- Network Overview. Been in touch with Netgear Support numerous times, update, reset/reboot, change from 3 to 5 retries, rinse-repeat. Works for a little while, then it’s back to “R-app not loaded yet”. It’s the same on all my devices, ie: hardwired PC, IPad Pro, Surface Pro, IPhone 10. So in order to get everything working properly, have to use a version with known security issues and Netgear Support seems fine with it.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
mxa
Tutor
Tutor

Re: XR700 R-app not loaded yet

If you search the threads you would find that this is a known issue and most people have either moved on to different routers or are using older firmware.Many owners have been in contact with netgear support over this issue myself included - if you are still in your return period, do yourself a favor and get rid of it - I wish I did. Either way, Netgear doesnt really care about this product.

Message 2 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

We'll be making direct contact with you to try and get to the bottom of this. Sorry about the hassle!

Message 3 of 11
logan_001
Aspirant

Mine does the same thing. Already got a new one thru rma. First time it checked for new firmware was when it started on the 2nd XR700.
Message 4 of 11
chris12
Aspirant

Also seeing this issue.

Message 5 of 11
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

which FW version did you use now? did you ever try v1.0.1.24?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700-V1.0.1.24_beta.zip

Message 6 of 11
chris12
Aspirant

V1.0.1.20

Message 7 of 11
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

you may try v1.0.1.24

Message 8 of 11
chris12
Aspirant

That version looks like a Beta. Does netgear have a quality statement for Beta quality firmware and/or any test reports so I can see where the risks are before deciding whether to install?

Message 9 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No not that I am aware. They are very well tested even for a beta, they would not have released it if there were serious issues with the firmware.
Message 10 of 11
chris12
Aspirant

Ok. I’ll have to wait then. Unless there is a quality statement and assurances then i don’t want to take the risk of running prerelease code on a piece of network infrastructure.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7