× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 R-app not loading.

Jay305
Follower

XR700 R-app not loading.

• R-apps are still not loading 1/2/2020. This is unacceptable!!! This router cost too much money for NG to be with this bs. I've tried everything you can do to this router to fix the issue and nothing has changed. Ask customers to downgrade their FW should not be an option. Rebooting and factory resets don't fix the issue. NG needs to stop saying the issue is solved and roll out an update the leaves this problem that has been going STRONG for years in the past. Today January 2 2020. Let's see how long it's gonna take to get their s**t together 
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm sorry it's taken so long, but the developers think we're quite close to a solution to this issue. It won't be long now.

Message 2 of 25
Boulou
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

No solutions yet ?

Message 3 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

If you have a Nintendo Switch, go to Device Manager and change your Switch's device type to Xbox or PlayStation.

Message 4 of 25
jhylton
Tutor

I'm having this same problem.  WTF good is a GAMING ROUTER if you can't set the MF up the the first place.  I can't access QoS or Device Manager.  Then, I find out if I want to call you people, I have to PAY to do so.  This is ridiculous.....  FIX IT!!

Message 5 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried some of the other solutions such as seeing whether it occurs on other browsers or changing the retry amount from 3 to 5 in the R-App panel options on System Information?
Message 6 of 25
jhylton
Tutor

Yes.  Of course I've tried those things.  I also tried re-loading the firmware from a download. So have the other 50 people with this same problem! The firmware that the router shipped with was just fine, then, after the 30 days of free tech support are up (when you don't need it), you guys release an update.  That update makes my router a giant (and this is a rather large router) paperweight with basic routing functions, and then you guys want to charge for premium tech support to fix the problems that came with your update!  I have always had Netgear products, but my last Netgear router got bricked by an update, which is what led me to buy this one.  I cannot even CALL you guys without buying a premium tech support subscription.  This is ridiculous.  These routers OBVIOUSLY need an update that WORKS.  This was one of the most expensive routers you offered.  I would think there would be better service after the sale. I feel like I'm getting burned here.   

Message 7 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We (Netduma) don't charge for our support and we don't offer phone support but I understand your frustration. I'll ask for an update on the situation.
Message 8 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

To anybody experiencing this problem: Send me a private message and I will give you a link to a new hotfix firmware that should fix the R-App not loading issue.

Message 9 of 25
jhylton
Tutor

THREE DAYS AGO I sent you a private message like you asked for this "hotfix" and I've yet to receive said hotfix!  WHY tell people that you're sending them a fix for this problem and then not do it???  COME ON DUDE!!

Message 10 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry for the delay, I've sent you a PM with the firmware instead.
Message 11 of 25
Drew062
Aspirant

i sent a direct message can i get the link too. 

Message 12 of 25
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Sent.

Sorry previous guy, I forgot to check my messages.

Message 13 of 25
one50six
Aspirant

R-Apps not loading. Netgear tech support told me to:  1.  upgrad firmware, did not work. 2. hard reset the router, did not work either.

Message 14 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried upgrading to this firmware? https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix You'll also need to do a factory reset afterwards to ensure no legacy issues carry over from the previous firmware.
Message 15 of 25
hifi31029
Aspirant

I'm having the r app problem and nothing is working. please send me the hotfix I guess.

@Netduma_Alex wrote:

To anybody experiencing this problem: Send me a private message and I will give you a link to a new hotfix firmware that should fix the R-App not loading issue.

Message 16 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The link provided above includes the fix for the issue, upgrade to that and then factory reset and it should resolve the issue.
Message 17 of 25
omegalow
Aspirant

Same deal. At one point in the begining I got it to work by downgrading and uploading firmware from a download. I stupidly auto updated firmware and I'm back to this circus. I'll try the tftp upload and report my finding but honestly, if netgear/ netduma actually give their attention to this issue and not release new models in our face or if some super hero firmware maker like dd-wrt or anything could come save us... please for the love of god save us. We'll do our job in notifying every potential customer in reviews of the nightmare we've all been experiencing for almost a year.

Message 18 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

TFTP followed by a reset will give the freshest install and therefore the most likely thing to help. We are working on 3.0 for the 700 so that should reduce instances like this occurring.
Message 19 of 25
omegalow
Aspirant

TFTP + factory reset worked for now. It's day 3 but I have a lot of devices I haven't connected yet.

Message 20 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay well keep us posted.
Message 21 of 25
zx1986
Aspirant

2020-11-13  This s**t issue is still on our XR700.
firmware: v1.0.1.10
dumaOS: A7Legit

Message 22 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're on a very old version, I would recommend upgrading to .34: http://kb.netgear.com/000062409
Message 23 of 25
hifi31029
Aspirant

yep 2021 and still broken. smh

Message 24 of 25
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Have you upgraded to the aforementioned firmware and factory reset afterwards?

Message 25 of 25
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7