× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 R-apps error

Slvrndblck34
Follower

XR700 R-apps error

I just got my XR700 yesterday and I updated it to the newest firmware and after 2-3 minutes I was getting r-app errors, I also tried downgrading and I got the same issue 😞
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 R-apps error

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you tried any other browsers, or an incognito/private window in your current browser?

Message 2 of 11
V10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same problem with firmware v1.0.1.20. Netgear support was unable to come up with a fix. Rolled back to v1.0.1.8 and everything works.

Message 3 of 11
Kponder
Aspirant

I'm going to try this as well with mine as I just got it today and after a few minutes of setting it up, my R-apps get a load error as well
Message 4 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please try using Google Chrome without extensions and clearing the cache/cookies. Also in System Information in the R-App panel options change the number of retry attempts to 5 and then reboot the router. If it's not working after all that then stay on previous firmware as we'll need to work on a fix.
Message 5 of 11
xPonyx
Aspirant

Also the same as everyone else. New XR700, firmware 1.0.1.20. R-apps will work initially after power cycle/reboot, then various apps will stop working when I log in later. I've tried with Edge browser, Firefox, Chrome - same apps are not loading in each one (ex; Device Manager won't load, same across all three browsers). This is obviously an issue with having to do any type of network management, or verifying if certain devices are connected. Not sure about downgrading the firmware, and I have just bumped the 'retrys' to 5.

Having had issues with the "comparable" top-of-the-line ASUS ROG and TP-Link routers dropping clients, I am hanging onto the XR700 for the moment - since all my wireless devices are (at least for now) connected and stable. But there's really no excuse for higher end gaming routers to be so unreliable, glitchy and buggy. I did buy this through Amazon, so their return policy is a plus.

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try using Google Chrome without extensions and clearing the cache/cookies. Also in System Information in the R-App panel options change the number of retry attempts to 5 and then reboot the router. If it's not working after all that then stay on previous firmware as we'll need to work on a fix.

@xPonyx wrote:

Also the same as everyone else. New XR700, firmware 1.0.1.20. R-apps will work initially after power cycle/reboot, then various apps will stop working when I log in later. I've tried with Edge browser, Firefox, Chrome - same apps are not loading in each one (ex; Device Manager won't load, same across all three browsers). This is obviously an issue with having to do any type of network management, or verifying if certain devices are connected. Not sure about downgrading the firmware, and I have just bumped the 'retrys' to 5.

Having had issues with the "comparable" top-of-the-line ASUS ROG and TP-Link routers dropping clients, I am hanging onto the XR700 for the moment - since all my wireless devices are (at least for now) connected and stable. But there's really no excuse for higher end gaming routers to be so unreliable, glitchy and buggy. I did buy this through Amazon, so their return policy is a plus.

Message 7 of 11
MghtyThor
Aspirant

Just got the XR700 and the EX8000 extender, it's been driving me nuts trying to fix this device manager and then I see this post. At least Im not alone..lol. Seems to me this has been a problem for some time, I dont see why Netgear isnt addressing the issue. Logging onto the router the device manager shows all the devices, using the nighthawk APP  I never get anything but... no connected devices found!!! Also when logged onto the router it shows a firware update available but Im on the latest F/W already ending in 1.20.?? IT would be nice to have this fixed....Already tried all the usual stuff: updating f/w, factory reset, uninstall /reinstall app.....

Message 8 of 11
Danny80916
Luminary

I know its going to sound dumb but if any of you own a WII U or nintendo switch change the device type in the device manger from a nintendo product to say xbox or ps4 for some reason it fixs all R app issuies at least for me and a few others I know.

Message 9 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having that issue Thor, the above suggestion however we have found fixes the issue in most cases.
Message 10 of 11
JamieZachary
Initiate

I realize it will sound stupid however on the off chance that any of you claim a WII U or nintendo switch change the gadget type in the gadget trough from a nintendo item to state xbox or ps4 for reasons unknown it fixs all R application issuies in any event for me and a couple of others I know.

mybkexperience survey

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7