× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 - Requested features

Zeke009
Star

XR700 - Requested features

There are a few things I have been waiting to appear with a software update that have yet to materialize.

1. Block new devices by default
  2. Access Control List (ACL) management screen to manage devices
  3. More device types (home automation, DVR, assistants (Echo), cameras)

#1 is very important to me, hopefully enough other users to get this in the software.

Are any of these in the backlog?

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 - Requested features

Great suggestions, I think they've mostly been requested before. Some would be for us and others for Netgear so I'll pass it on to my colleague to pass it on to the appropriate people. In regards to number 3 that's something you'll see gradually happening, more and more devices added.
Message 2 of 4
Zeke009
Star

Thank you for the reply, Netduma-Fraser. 

I recall that there was some discussion about the blocking of devices before the launch and it being a marketing decision, but this is a critical function for protecting ones home network. Bake it in, leave it unchecked by default... just give me the option!

As always, I'm always happy to be a test subject if you guys need!

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that was a Netgear feature in Settings previously. If it was to come back I think it would probably be via the Device Manager. It's a good idea so we'll definitely look into it for the future!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7