× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 VERY Slow when on Microsoft Teams/Google Meet Calls

juddthejuice
Aspirant

XR700 VERY Slow when on Microsoft Teams/Google Meet Calls

Hi all, I have a 2500 square foot house with the XR700 in my family room downstairs and the X6S extender in my office (upstairs). When I hop on a Teams call or my wife hops on a Google Meets call our wifi literally slows to a crawl. Has anyone seen this or dealt with this before? It's killing me. 

I am not at all a tech savvy person, so forgive me in advance. 

-Justin

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 VERY Slow when on Microsoft Teams/Google Meet Calls

Have you made any QoS changes at all? My first thought is that Traffic Prioritization could be causing this so remove any added rules and disable DumaOS Classified Games and see if it performs better. If not could you let us know the settings you're using for QoS, the speeds you pay for/expect and your physical setup please?
Message 2 of 6
juddthejuice
Aspirant

I don't think I made any changes, to be honest. My set up currently on my XR700 is Wired: Xbox One X, AppleTv, Hue Base and FireTV - Wireless: 2 phones and 2 Win10 PC (Surface Studio and Surface Pro). 

On the X6S I have a USB printer set up and a wired connection to another Xbox One X and to a Gaming PC. 

I also have the triband set up to work with my alarm system. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Traffic Prioritization is enabled by default so that might be interfering or prioritizing the consoles over you so still disable that. Also make sure your speeds are input correctly in Anti-Bufferbloat options and use Anti-Bufferbloat at 70% with Always selected.
Message 4 of 6
juddthejuice
Aspirant

Is Traffic Prioritization the QoS?  Where do I find that?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's right, it's at the bottom of the QoS page on the left hand side.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7