× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 WiFi Dropping Out Every Few Minutes (Range is Also Abysmal)

tarikfayad
Follower

XR700 WiFi Dropping Out Every Few Minutes (Range is Also Abysmal)

Hey! I purchased the XR700 about a week ago to replace a very old Actiontec MI424wr and, unfortunately, I've been having a lot of issues getting it to work correctly.

While the wired connection works without issue the WiFi is in a word: awful.

It drops out every few minutes even when I'm sitting less that 4ft from the router (when I say drops out I don't just mean has speed issues I mean I can't even navigate to google.com without my browser showing me an error page and asking me to check my connection) and has abysmally bad range. I live in a small 1br apartment, and when I walk to the kitchen I lose WiFi all together something that has never been an issue before--for reference my kitchen would put me at MOST 25ft from the router.

I've tried a number of things including disabling the 60GHz band, tweaking and eventually disabling QoS, manually setting the WiFi channels, upgrading to firmware V1.0.1.24, and factory resetting the router but nothing has seemed to work which I find immensely frustrating. I feel like I paid a premium just to add stress to my daily life.

While I don't have the fastest connection (only 100 up and 100 down through Verizon Fios) I'm the only one in my apartment and I should be able to watch a short YouTube video on my laptop when it's literally beside my router and the only machine that's powered on and connected to the internet.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 WiFi Dropping Out Every Few Minutes (Range is Also Abysmal)

Hey, I believe you've posted on the Netduma forum also. I've replied there, lets continue there so it's all in one place. If anyone wants to follow the issue here is the topic:
https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31725-xr700-wifi-dropping-out-every-few-minutes-range-is-also-abysma...
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7