× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 Wifi disconnects

logan_001
Aspirant

A reboot does not resolve it. The only thing that resolves it fully is to reset the router and connect each device again. I am using smart connect. MU-NIMO is checked and enable 160 is not checked. I have never mess with the last two. I just used what defaults were.
Message 26 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay disable smart connect and connect individually to 2.4 or 5GHz and see if that helps at all.
Message 27 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

Most devices still do not connect..even after a few reboots. I will have to factory reset again to get everything to connect. I will try that later then turn off the smart connect.
Message 28 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay keep us updated please!
Message 29 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

Same issue. It happens about 7 days on the dot. I even bought a new modem thinking there was a communication issue.
Message 30 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

So a weird thing happened. I rebooted the router thru the interface and everything came back online. The weird thing is now the interface is messed up. It's like it is shifted over and I cant see everything, also I'm getting an error that says "This R-app is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. " None of the R-apps are loading.
Message 31 of 65
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Hmm... Have you tried incognito mode in your browser? Or any other browsers? Or any other devices? Are the results the same when you try to connect from all of these?

Message 32 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I had to do a hard reset again to get things to work.
Message 33 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear it's working now, keep us updated if it happens again.
Message 34 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I'm really getting frustrated with this router. Most R-apps do not load. I have tried from laptops, cell phones, ipad, chrome, ie, and edge. Half the time the router doesnt work the other half it doesnt work like it should. How do I get the R-apps to work properly??? Am I the only one that has these issues?
Message 35 of 65
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Message 36 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I sent a message asking to be put in the beta. I am running V1.0.1.10

Message 37 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hopefully you'll be able to try that soon if there is a new version. What devices do you have connected via ethernet? These could be causing the drop outs rather that WiFi devices.
Message 38 of 65
mxa
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried the beta and did not have any luck with these disconnects. Oh well- Back to 1.0.0.20 for me
Message 39 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, please do provide your feedback in the beta forum as well please. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve it given your feedback.
Message 40 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

It is definitely the router. I switched to a tp-link mesh system and have not had any problems in over two weeks. I hope a future firmware update fixes this issue.
Message 41 of 65
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Has the router ever performed correctly? It could easily be a hardware issue, which might be worth contacting NETGEAR about.

Message 42 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I also have XR500 and it acts the same way.
Message 43 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you been added to the beta and seen if it's been resolved on the XR700 with the latest firmware?
Message 44 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

Yes I have been added to the beta. The firmware did not solve the issues. I think it actually made it worse.
Message 45 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is this using the very latest firmware released in the last week? Make sure to post there to let the team know what is happening
Message 46 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I'm beyond frustrated with this router. Every software version makes it worse or unusable. Are there actually people out there who own this router and everything works as it should? Is it possible I got a lemon from the factory?? It was preordered and arrived as soon as it was released.
Message 47 of 65
WFHguy07
Aspirant

Logan, I’m having same issue with my newly purchased XR700. Connection drops like there’s not tomorrow. Support doesn’t know how to fix it. I’m on .20 firmware. Don’t know what to do at this point. Might return it.
Message 48 of 65
-Donovan-
Luminary

Guys, they recently released a Hot-Fix. It's the same firmware version that you can get in the beta program:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061118/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-18-Hot-Fix

Note: Make sure you perform a factory reset right after you update your firmware.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 49 of 65
logan_001
Aspirant

I tried the .18 hotfix and it also had the same problems, however I did not do a factory reset this time after installing. I will try this later today. The other versions I did a factory reset and it didn't make a difference.
Message 50 of 65
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7